Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michael Douglas and Throat Cancer

Featured Replies

I have been a nurse for a very long time. I have seen physicians prescribe very expensive medications hundreds of times because a pharm rep recommended it. It happens. There are many ways to treat disease, and a doctor has that discretion. Sometimes they have financial reasons to use that discretion.

 

 

Vaccines are different. They prevent disease. I don't know a single doctor who prescribes vaccines for personal gains.

 

Can you tell me which vaccine you don't want your children to have?

 

For sure not the HPV one. It's not that I dont think vaccines are necessary. It's that I think the medical industry ignores the possibility that this many vaccines this quickly can de doing harm to babies including the possibility that it causes autism and other problems.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For sure not the HPV one. It's not that I dont think vaccines are necessary. It's that I think the medical industry ignores the possibility that this many vaccines this quickly can de doing harm to babies including the possibility that it causes autism and other problems.

 

What about the fact that it lowers your daughter's risk for getting cervical cancer, one of the most common cancers that a woman can get?

My girlfriend was tested at her lady doctor appointment a couple weeks ago and came away with a clean bill of health. Thank goodness. :lol2:

For sure not the HPV one. It's not that I dont think vaccines are necessary. It's that I think the medical industry ignores the possibility that this many vaccines this quickly can de doing harm to babies including the possibility that it causes autism and other problems.

 

 

They don't get the HPV vaccine until age 11-12.

 

I have, sadly, taken care of women dying of cervical cancer. How would you feel 20 years down the road if your daughter got it and you knew you could have prevented it?

 

You wouldn't sit at her bedside and have regrets?

This is all news to me, but made me think. My wife just told me that our pediatrician, a couple of years ago recommended that our sons get the HPV vaccine when they are 12-14 years old. We have a great pediatrician and I was glad to hear he is ahead of the curve on this.

This is all news to me, but made me think. My wife just told me that our pediatrician, a couple of years ago recommended that our sons get the HPV vaccine when they are 12-14 years old. We have a great pediatrician and I was glad to hear he is ahead of the curve on this.

 

And if your sons are half the studs you are Watusi they definitely need to fall in line.

And if your sons are half the studs you are Watusi they definitely need to fall in line.
Preach it brother guru :thumb:

Just spoke with our pediatrician. He said that there has been a "marked" decrease in abnormal Pap smears since the HPV vaccine has been available. I think that's a good thing.

Showing my ignorance of this virus but, if it is a virus that I assume means like HIV/AIDS or Herpes you have it for life?

 

This is kinda scary if someone gets it. What does that mean as far as marriage in that person's future? Find a spouse who is willing to eventually get HPV from you? From what I have read, condoms are not nearly as effective with HPV as it is with HIV.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.