Favorite Music "Sound"

Clyde

When it comes to musical sounds or genre what's your favorite?

I lean towards the Memphis soul sound as well as 70s funk.

Sounds might be hip hop or rap (and 85Bearsfans says there is a difference), Seattle grunge, British rock from the 60s?

Hit me with your sound.

I definitely lean toward anything rock related, but it really wouldn't be anything from a particular era. If you had to nail me down to an era, I'm with Hangman on 90's alternative.

I love a rock song that features a lot of piano & really like when it there is an orchestra-like sound. November Rain is one of my all-time favorite songs. Smashing Pumpkins' Tonight, Tonight is another big favorite. I like a lot of Coldplay's stuff because it's heavy on the piano. In all three of those instances, the lead singers have voices that I don't really care for: Axl, Billy Corgan & Chris what's-his-name. But I could listen to those songs with no words included because I really love the music alone.

Guest Birdflu

When I saw the thread title I thought it was about the 'Sound of Music'. How do solve a problem like Maria?

To answer the real topic of the thread, I like music from the Beatles era and modern Country. I also like Motown music.