Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nerlens Noel will enter the NBA draft

Featured Replies

Congrats and good luck in being drafted #1. It would be our 3rd #1 in 4 years.

I read on Twitter that Noel becomes Calipari's first "half and done."

Agreed. Seems like an outstanding kid.

 

Looks can be deceiving. Remember, we only get a small glimpse of these kids in a very controlled setting. I would be very careful about commenting beyond "seems like."

Looks can be deceiving. Remember, we only get a small glimpse of these kids in a very controlled setting. I would be very careful about commenting beyond "seems like."

 

He visited children in hospitals & older folks in nursing homes on his own time. You don't see a great deal of that with 18-year-olds, much less 18-year-olds who could be destined for stardom.

I can see him maxing out as a Tyson Chandler type player. Not a bad career. I have read where Charlotte would still look to take Noel assuming they get the #1 pick as his upside may be a little better than Biyombo. No teams are going to be turned around with this draft so they still have a shot with a high caliber player in next season's draft and Biyombo would be unloaded. Noel is one of maybe 3 or 4 others I see in this draft with a chance to be in a starting lineup with an NBA team. Noel being the only one I am 100% confident in that. Does not say a lot about this draft.

He visited children in hospitals & older folks in nursing homes on his own time. You don't see a great deal of that with 18-year-olds, much less 18-year-olds who could be destined for stardom.

 

Backing what you said earlier, great kid! How anyone can say he's not is beyond me......

This draft is super weak in terms of star power, but I have heard some NBA guys say it is very deep in terms of guys who will probably be in NBA rotations for the next decade or so. I tend to agree with this. No franchise players, but guys who are going to contribute for a long time.

Quote from Noel, I loved the last sentence.

 

"I have loved my time at Kentucky, but I feel that I'm ready to take the next step to the NBA," Noel said in a release.

 

"I've learned so much here at UK and am thankful for Coach (John) Calipari, the staff and my teammates for all of their support. I especially appreciate the Big Blue Nation and all of the support, prayers and well-wishes I've received from them during my rehab and decision-making process. I'll always be a Wildcat!"

This draft is super weak in terms of star power, but I have heard some NBA guys say it is very deep in terms of guys who will probably be in NBA rotations for the next decade or so. I tend to agree with this. No franchise players, but guys who are going to contribute for a long time.

 

Possibly, but I am not seeing it. That is usually the kind way of saying a bunch of guys that may hop from team to team in rotational purposes but most likely spend their careers trying to survive in the league.

I can see him maxing out as a Tyson Chandler type player. Not a bad career. I have read where Charlotte would still look to take Noel assuming they get the #1 pick as his upside may be a little better than Biyombo. No teams are going to be turned around with this draft so they still have a shot with a high caliber player in next season's draft and Biyombo would be unloaded. Noel is one of maybe 3 or 4 others I see in this draft with a chance to be in a starting lineup with an NBA team. Noel being the only one I am 100% confident in that. Does not say a lot about this draft.

 

There are always surprises in every draft. Nerlens will be a solid pro, if he goes to a team with a solid PG he could be really good. I like Burke's potential if he's in the right setting. Muhammad could be a guy that puts up numbers on bad teams ala Monta Ellis. History would suggest there is at least one all-star in this draft.

Looks can be deceiving. Remember, we only get a small glimpse of these kids in a very controlled setting. I would be very careful about commenting beyond "seems like."

 

You clearly don't pay much attention to Noel.

Good luck to Nerlens. Appreciate what he did for one year, on and off the court in Lexington.

There are always surprises in every draft. Nerlens will be a solid pro, if he goes to a team with a solid PG he could be really good. I like Burke's potential if he's in the right setting. Muhammad could be a guy that puts up numbers on bad teams ala Monta Ellis. History would suggest there is at least one all-star in this draft.

I like Burke as well though some see him as a reserve guard. Like others in the class there are a lot of undersized guys for their position.

This is the right decision for Noel and I wish him the very best. Sure hope that he continues to do well for his rehab.

 

I'd definitely take a Tyson Chandler career if I were Noel. Guy is an Olympian.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.