Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michelle Obama calls Ware

Featured Replies

How do we know she didn't call Nerlens?

 

If I recall correctly, was it not Pitino or Ware that first mentioned the First Lady's call? It's not like she went out of her way to draw attention to the fact that she called him. This is the true definition of a trolling thread. :lol:

  • Replies 45
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we really debating who's injury is/was the worst?

IMO, Noel's injury was worse for Noel, but Ware's injury was gruesome and produce a visceral reaction.

Had Noel's injury happened on the same stage as Ware, I'd assume it would be handled the same way in terms of the media and social networking. And vice versa. If Ware had gotten hurt in the middle of January against St. John's, his wouldn't have blown up like this.

I can think of several reasons why I don't care for the First Lady.

 

This ain't one of them.

  • Author
How do we know she didn't call Nerlens?

 

If I recall correctly, was it not Pitino or Ware that first mentioned the First Lady's call? It's not like she went out of her way to draw attention to the fact that she called him. This is the true definition of a trolling thread. :lol:

 

Liberal media msnbc sure reported it, made sure they went out of their way though.

  • Author
Not trying to kill your buzz my man but Nerlens injury in no way shape or form was worst. It was bad don't get me wrong, but Wares is one of those timeless tragic sporting injuries you will remember for a lifetime. Very Joe Theisman esc.

 

Time to recoup is longer for Nerlens.

Ryan Kelly's was worse than both. He's been recovering for over a year and he still ain't right.

Liberal media msnbc sure reported it, made sure they went out of their way though.

Since the OP has admitted that the motivation is political, does this thread really belong in the College Basketball section?

Had Noel's injury happened on the same stage as Ware, I'd assume it would be handled the same way in terms of the media and social networking. And vice versa. If Ware had gotten hurt in the middle of January against St. John's, his wouldn't have blown up like this.

 

I disagree, his was far too memorable but for all the wrong reasons. From a media standpoint, yeah it would have been just as big considering the value of Nerlens. BUT, Ware automatically jumped into the gruesome, horrific, catastrophic injury club. He is the modern day Joe Theisman. I was too young to see that one, but I can't count the times I heard people talk about it or refer to it while I was growing up. I mean his bone was sticking about three or four inches out of his leg, that is nasty. Add in the big stage with everybody watching, then its even more memorable. People would have remembered it regardless just because of how graphic it was, some stations refused to even show it. It was blurred on most replays I saw the following days, and good thing because I didn't really want to see it again. I was brave enough to watch the first replay when it happened live and that was my mistake. Then I've had to see the picture four or five different times on my facebook.

Time to recoup is longer for Nerlens.

 

Yeah but from a purely graphic, catastrophically horrific way Wares was way worst.

 

I wasn't even thinking about actual severity, rehab time, etc. I was just looking at it from a horrific standpoint. I could stand to watch Nerlens again, this one I wouldn't care if I ever had to see it again. Just nasty! I mean fans were crying, players were distraught, I mean the whole place was just going absurd because of the severity.

 

From that standpoint is why I say Ware's is worst. You can argue the other aspects and probably be right, I just wasn't looking at it like that.

 

I mean Nerlens got hauled off the court with the help of his teammates (which as a UK fan was moving). Wares was so bad you had to bring in the paramedics to get him off the floor.

When you mix politics and sports. You see the President's jumper this past week? Hideous. Looked like Archie Goodwin from deep.

 

Goodwin or Bunker?

Seriously, what is the point of the thread?

If she had called a UK player, we might have a thread, but it would have a completely different tone.

 

Maybe from some but I can promise that my post would have been the same.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.