Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Final Four officials

Featured Replies

Interesting list of officials. Coach Mulkey... thoughts?

 

628x471.jpg

Cahil is horrible...
I just would say how did he make it to the final four?

Cahill, Higgins and Greene calling the game tonight...

Cahill, Higgins and Greene calling the game tonight...

 

No. They decided to watch it instead.:sssh:

John Cahill, Mike Eades,, Tony Greene, Karl Hess, John Higgins, Les Jones, Randy McCall, Doug Sirmons, Mark Whitehead, Terry Wymer.

 

I have three words for the officiating......."They Were Terrible"......A tighter whistle in the 2nd half of the UL/WSU game was needed along with allowing "muggings" in the championship game. JMO

don't know for sure which one was the older white guy (Cahill maybe) but he made some terrible callls both ways and very late in some cases. Also the foul call on the block of siva by burke was terrible. I think Greene my have made that one.

There were obviously a number of missed calls. But the bigger problem is the way they called the game and I don't know if it would have been any different with another set of officials. I am preaching this in several threads. I am 100% behind Jay Bilas in his outspoken rants against the way college basketball is being officiated. Way too much contact is being allowed all over the court. Hand checks. Arm bars when beat out front. Pushing. Body bumps on shots. It is all out of control and it is ruining basketball. I am beetting last night's game did all of us a favor and brought attention to how bad it is. I think there will be some attempts this off season at bringing the game back from the football field to the basketball court.

There were obviously a number of missed calls. But the bigger problem is the way they called the game and I don't know if it would have been any different with another set of officials. I am preaching this in several threads. I am 100% behind Jay Bilas in his outspoken rants against the way college basketball is being officiated. Way too much contact is being allowed all over the court. Hand checks. Arm bars when beat out front. Pushing. Body bumps on shots. It is all out of control and it is ruining basketball. I am beetting last night's game did all of us a favor and brought attention to how bad it is. I think there will be some attempts this off season at bringing the game back from the football field to the basketball court.

 

They need to clean it up.

 

I was wondering about the arm bar, didn't that use to be a foul or is it still suppose to be?

It wasn't so blatant in the UL game as the Syracuse game, but I think Burke gets away with some push-offs with his off arm as he dribbles.

NCAA is in early 90's NBA mode right now. When NBA got control of the Pistons/Knicks style of hand checking and body checking up and down the court, the Chicago style took off giving way to more entertaining basketball.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.