March 24, 201313 yr If UC were still in Conference USA with Louisville and Memphis you think they get in this year with the record they had? You know why UC got in this year? What they did non conference. So yes, they would have been in regardless of conference situation...
March 24, 201313 yr I think these conference arguments are a waste of time. Big East teams earned their spot in OOC play.
March 24, 201313 yr This one's a gimmie. I would venture that Cincinnati would have had a better record. That wasn't the question......
March 24, 201313 yr You know why UC got in this year? What they did non conference. So yes, they would have been in regardless of conference situation... I don't know that I agree or disagree. Not too many teams I'd put in front of them I just think they weren't that good. If they had any offense at all I'd have nicer things to say.
March 24, 201313 yr I don't know that I agree or disagree. Not too many teams I'd put in front of them I just think they weren't that good. If they had any offense at all I'd have nicer things to say. They struggled after Wright got hurt, but still beat Oregon and Iowa State on a neutral floor and put up a very solid non conference resume. Offense wasn't great, but looked a lot more like it did yesterday than the stretch where their best player was playing on one arm and one leg. Ended up being an average year with a resume that had them 10 plus spots from the cut line without much boost from the Big East portion...
March 24, 201313 yr The Big East teams who made it earned it IMO. They just have performed poorly as a conference thus far (for the most part). UL, however, is playing better than anyone. Syracuse looking pretty good. Marquette is surviving & advancing.
March 24, 201313 yr The Big East teams who made it earned it IMO. They just have performed poorly as a conference thus far (for the most part). UL, however, is playing better than anyone. Syracuse looking pretty good. Marquette is surviving & advancing. Earning a bid and avoiding being one of the first 32 teams bounced are mutually exclusive. Some can't seem to grasp that...
March 24, 201313 yr That wasn't the question...... I reject your question's premise. Cincinnati, playing a different schedule, would have an entirely different resume. If they played a worse schedule and had the same number of loses, chances are they would have some bad loses and fewer decent wins. What you want is for me to say that Cincinnati wouldn't have made the tournament in a lesser conference, but you're rigging the game by saddling them with loses I don't think they would take playing Memphis' schedule plus a home-and-home with Louisville.
March 24, 201313 yr I think these conference arguments are a waste of time. Big East teams earned their spot in OOC play. I agree. They are(or were) deep with good teams, some have consistently underachieved in the NCAA tourney the past few years, which always leads back to this discussion.
March 24, 201313 yr There are three Big East teams that seem to taint the conference the most when it comes to the NCAA Tournament: Georgetown, Notre Dame, & Pittsburgh. I don't know exactly how each of them have performed over the last 3-5 years, but it just seems like they always bow out early.
March 24, 201313 yr There are three Big East teams that seem to taint the conference the most when it comes to the NCAA Tournament: Georgetown, Notre Dame, & Pittsburgh. I don't know exactly how each of them have performed over the last 3-5 years, but it just seems like they always bow out early. It isn't your imagination...
March 24, 201313 yr I reject your question's premise. Cincinnati, playing a different schedule, would have an entirely different resume. If they played a worse schedule and had the same number of loses, chances are they would have some bad loses and fewer decent wins. What you want is for me to say that Cincinnati wouldn't have made the tournament in a lesser conference, but you're rigging the game by saddling them with loses I don't think they would take playing Memphis' schedule plus a home-and-home with Louisville. We'll find out for sure next year, because they will be doing precisely that.
March 24, 201313 yr We'll find out for sure next year, because they will be doing precisely that. Uh, no. The Whatever League will be a step down, but it won't be that bad. Conference USA was a one-bid league. Louisville, UConn (who clearly would have been in the tournament if they had been eligible,) Cincy, Temple, and Memphis are all tournament teams.
March 24, 201313 yr It isn't your imagination... And Pitt just gave Dixon a lifetime contract... whee!:bunny:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.