Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Big Least

Featured Replies

^ The depth is what made it great. If championships meant a conference was great, then we'd all be talking about how wonderful SEC hoops is -- but anyone with a pair of eyeballs knows that's ludicrous -- and Kansas winning a title in 2008 didn't make the Big XII anything other than what it already was... soft.

  • Replies 109
  • Views 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ The depth is what made it great. If championships meant a conference was great, then we'd all be talking about how wonderful SEC hoops is -- but anyone with a pair of eyeballs knows that's ludicrous -- and Kansas winning a title in 2008 didn't make the Big XII anything other than what it already was... soft.

 

Depth is what made it the best but best of all-time? I always heard how it was the SEC football of basketball but to do that you must be deep and dominate titles.

Depth is what made it the best but best of all-time? I always heard how it was the SEC football of basketball but to do that you must be deep and dominate titles.

 

I'd argue that Big East basketball is (or was) deeper than SEC football... JMO.

Depth is what made it the best but best of all-time? I always heard how it was the SEC football of basketball but to do that you must be deep and dominate titles.

 

I wish Big East basketball could assemble titles in the way SEC football does. I wonder how that UofL-Gonzaga title game would've gone this year? Probably about the same as the Alabama-Notre Dame matchup back in January.

Depth is what made it the best but best of all-time? I always heard how it was the SEC football of basketball but to do that you must be deep and dominate titles.

 

If basketball's postseason were like football's, it would be.

If basketball's postseason were like football's, it would be.

 

Really? How often does a Big East team finish 1 or 2 in the polls? Certainly not EVERY year.

I wish Big East basketball could assemble titles in the way SEC football does. I wonder how that UofL-Gonzaga title game would've gone this year? Probably about the same as the Alabama-Notre Dame matchup back in January.

 

Would've been UL/IU right?

I'd argue that Big East basketball is (or was) deeper than SEC football... JMO.

 

Certainly comparable but would be hard to prove one over the other. It is obvious that the elite SEC football is ahead of the elite Big East basketball though.

Would've been UL/IU right?

 

Depends on which poll you use.

Certainly comparable but would be hard to prove one over the other. It is obvious that the elite SEC football is ahead of the elite Big East basketball though.

 

If we're not comparing the nature of the post season, you're right, it's obvious.

I think the committee had UL 1 and IU 2.

 

Got it. I just took the college football system as close as I could and so used polling average to determine No. 1 and No. 2.

 

AP: Gonzaga 1, Louisville 2 (Indiana 4)

USA Today: Gonzaga 1, Louisville 2 (Indiana 4)

Sagarin: Louisville 1, Florida 2 (Indiana 3)

RPI: Duke 1, New Mexico 2 (Interesting numbers: Louisville 3, Gonzaga 6, IU 7)

ESPN BPI: Louisville 1, Florida 2 (IU 4)

I think the committee had UL 1 and IU 2.

 

On the selection show, they declared Kansas to be the second overall seed, actually.

On the selection show, they declared Kansas to be the second overall seed, actually.

 

Gotcha, I thought it was IU for some reason, knew it wasn't Gonzaga.

Gotcha, I thought it was IU for some reason, knew it wasn't Gonzaga.

You can be forgiven for thinking it was IU, as Kansas being the second overall seed ahead of them is B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.