March 20, 201313 yr Best teams that failed to win NCAA title Interesting thoughts on their selections. Did not expect the '66 Rupps Runts to be listed but hey. Anyone think some team was left out or some should not be on the list? :idunno:
March 20, 201313 yr Pretty good list if you ask me. I think Kentucky 1992-93 was better than Michigan & the best Kentucky team in my lifetime to not win the tournament. 1990-91 UNLV was the first team that came to mind.
March 20, 201313 yr Author Pretty good list if you ask me. I think Kentucky 1992-93 was better than Michigan & the best Kentucky team in my lifetime to not win the tournament. 1990-91 UNLV was the first team that came to mind. For me the best 3 I have always argued for was: 1. 1975 Indiana 2. 1991 UNLV 3. 1985 Georgetown Those three were just loaded with talent, impressive regular season domination and then it took perfect circumstances to bring them down.
March 20, 201313 yr 1991 UNLV. 2002 Duke. 2011 Duke. 2010 UK. Those come to mind immediately. 1997 UK.
March 21, 201313 yr Houston 1983 was the first team to came to my mind, but that is in large part because of the 30 f0r 30 this week.
March 21, 201313 yr I'm not being a duke hater but I don't think they are in the same category with 75 Indiana, 91 UNLV, 83 Houston, or 85 Georgetown.
March 21, 201313 yr I'm not being a duke hater but I don't think they are in the same category with 75 Indiana, 91 UNLV, 83 Houston, or 85 Georgetown.Wiki that '99 Duke team.....they were monsters.
March 21, 201313 yr Wiki that '99 Duke team.....they were monsters. Actually didn't see the 99 team in that post. Was talking 02 and 11. 99 was sold but I would have them below those other 4 mentioned. 02 and 11 were good teams but not even close to thos teams.
March 21, 201313 yr Wiki that '99 Duke team.....they were monsters. Still shocked that they lost. 1990 UNLV & 1996 Kentucky are the best of the 90's. 1999 Duke would be up there with them if they win it.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.