Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Julius Randle commits to Kentucky

Featured Replies

You realize we heard how Noel was going to be as good, if not better than AD, and that UK was hanging #9 this year, right?

 

I can't remember anyone saying UK was going to hang #9 this year. Proof? I heard people saying Noel might be better on D but not better overall. I'm sure there may have been a couple but it certainly was not a sentiment that many shared.

  • Replies 154
  • Views 22.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't remember anyone saying UK was going to hang #9 this year. Proof? I heard people saying Noel might be better on D but not better overall. I'm sure there may have been a couple but it certainly was not a sentiment that many shared.

 

 

Agreed, and as far as shot-blocking goes, he was.

 

To put just how good 2013 class is, Nerlans wasn't top 5 in it before he reclassified. Kentucky has 3 of the top 5 now, with a 4th (possibly :D) on the way. Scary good is what they'll be.

I can't remember anyone saying UK was going to hang #9 this year. Proof? I heard people saying Noel might be better on D but not better overall. I'm sure there may have been a couple but it certainly was not a sentiment that many shared.

 

Really? Nobody said anything about #9? :lol2: We'll just agree to disagree on that one then.

Really? Nobody said anything about #9? :lol2: We'll just agree to disagree on that one then.

 

No I don't recall any fans, at least not on BGP, saying anything about the 2012-13 team winning number 9. Most fans have been looking towards the 2013-14 season as the potential undefeated season Coach Cal wants.

No I don't recall any fans, at least not on BGP, saying anything about the 2012-13 team winning number 9. Most fans have been looking towards the 2013-14 season as the potential undefeated season Coach Cal wants.

 

My fault, I should have clarified. I didn't necessarily mean on here. But there were PLENTY of people at the very least hinting at that. Example: A twitter account with by the name of "@Dy9asty," created about September of last year, with 40k followers...

My fault, I should have clarified. I didn't necessarily mean on here. But there were PLENTY of people at the very least hinting at that. Example: A twitter account with by the name of "@Dy9asty," created about September of last year, with 40k followers...

 

So people had fun with it? I personally don't know anyone who though we were going to win it (also didn't know anyone who thought we would be THIS bad either).

"Should be" awesome, now let's remember that they are still freshmen and hope that they don't have the same attitude as this years class.

Regardless it sure does look and feel good right now.

 

One thing I keep hearing repeatedly from this group is "now its time to get to work" or similar. Don't recall similar statements from Poythress, etc.; other than maybe Noel? There already seems to be some communication & kinship among these guys--As Randle said, he's known the twins since they were 8. Hopeful this group is far more serious about winning than most of this year's group?

One thing I keep hearing repeatedly from this group is "now its time to get to work" or similar. Don't recall similar statements from Poythress, etc.; other than maybe Noel? There already seems to be some communication & kinship among these guys--As Randle said, he's known the twins since they were 8. Hopeful this group is far more serious about winning than most of this year's group?

I think the main difference between these guys and last year's group is toughness and leadership. Archie's tough, not really a leader though. However, Randle and the Harrison twins seem to carry both of those characteristics.

 

Also, say what you will about the '12 class, but they fall in line with the '13 and the rest of Cal's classes. All these guys are high character guys, and that's great to see.

If some of the kids and Cal is smart, you will see more than 1-2 redshirts.

 

You have to have leaders who are upperclassmen to win it all, or win at a very high level.

I think the main difference between these guys and last year's group is toughness and leadership. Archie's tough, not really a leader though. However, Randle and the Harrison twins seem to carry both of those characteristics.

 

Also, say what you will about the '12 class, but they fall in line with the '13 and the rest of Cal's classes. All these guys are high character guys, and that's great to see.

 

I remember reading somewhere about the Harrison's that while good kids and very personable; that once they got on the court, "they can be downright nasty"! UK could use some of that after this group.

If some of the kids and Cal is smart, you will see more than 1-2 redshirts.

 

You have to have leaders who are upperclassmen to win it all, or win at a very high level.

 

I mentioned that at lunch today with a colleague. I could see a couple candidates who might benefit from that route, and it would help the potential PT logjam as well. Happens very commonly in football.

If some of the kids and Cal is smart, you will see more than 1-2 redshirts.

 

You have to have leaders who are upperclassmen to win it all, or win at a very high level.

 

People always say that. No way any of these players redshirt, but I agree some could use it.

People always say that. No way any of these players redshirt, but I agree some could use it.

 

I could see a kids like Wiltjer, Willis, and maybe Polson taking one. Maybe one other kid, but I doubt it.

I could see a kids like Wiltjer, Willis, and maybe Polson taking one. Maybe one other kid, but I doubt it.

 

Pitino did a good job with the redshirt in handling Prickett's injury (I know he was hurt but it seemed convenient to be out all the season with a glut of players in '96) and Shepherd's Red Shirt in '97.

Just depends on how you look at it. Lehigh ended a season of a TWO SEED with a national title hope alive, Bobby Morris ended one against a team not good enough to make the tournament that was already over. If you are talking about which team was better then I'm sure you could make an argument either way (Lehigh or RM). But, UK had to go on the road. To say they aren't comparable is a bit much.

 

 

It's all about the color share of blue your sunglasses are I guess. I wasn't embarrassed by the Lehigh loss last year and the way Duke was playing at the time I wasn't even surprised. I guess the same could be said for UK fans this season. What seals it for me is that UK was in the NIT. That's already embarrassing enough for a program of that stature. Under no circumstance should a program of UK's stature be in the NIT let alone not even make it to Madison Square Garden.

 

You kidding me......

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.