Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Caption this Pic

Featured Replies

  • Replies 93
  • Views 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not going to caption it...but it's not a good image imo. I saw it the other day and I'm not real fond of it. A picture is worth a 1000 words. I'll leave it alone.

Sam Kinison comes to mind.

  • Author

I love the pic. It's classic Nell and how she is on the sidelines.

 

although it isn't a fair pic if you don't know Nell. She is one of the nicest people you will ever meet off the court.

"THIS EXPLAINS WHY BOONE WINS!" seems to be a fair caption to me. It's not really meant to be a "pro" or a "con" statement, but enables me to better understand why/how the BC teams consistently perform well year-in-and-year-out. This pic depicts a definite competitive fire that runs throughout the program, one which many BGP contributors have addressed - both pro and con - over the years.

  • Author
"THIS EXPLAINS WHY BOONE WINS!" seems to be a fair caption to me. It's not really meant to be a "pro" or a "con" statement, but enables me to better understand why/how the BC teams consistently perform well year-in-and-year-out. This pic depicts a definite competitive fire that runs throughout the program, one which many BGP contributors have addressed - both pro and con - over the years.
Very true.

 

She, whether people like her or not, has always been a great coach. She gets the most out of her teams even when they are lacking talent. This year especially showed what she could do with a very young team. The majority of the players that played significant minutes on this years squad were sophomores. All the scorers were mainly sophomores, and she can coach the %&*# out of them and it shows come tourney time. Another District title this year.

I'll say this, no better way to prepare kids for life in the "real world" after high school......if you can handle Nell in your face and everything she gives you, then what Life has to throw at you will be a cake-walk.

"WHY DID SYDNEY MOSS HAVE TO GRADUATE???!!!!!????"

If this was a male coach in the face of a female student/athlete, would it make a difference?

I would say her success may have been assisted by some very talented transfers ending up on her doorstep over the years.

 

You won't find anyone more hardcore than me, but this isn't the way to handle things with female, high school, student athletes. It's not like she happened to get caught once and this is the only time it's happened. It happens multiple times a game to multiple players. You say this is why they win...I see many other coaches win without any of this type of tactic. Dale Mueller, Ken Shields, Bill Herrmann (old HHS football coach), many many others. You can't relate screaming at kids a half inch from their face to winning!

 

I lost it one time like this in an AAU game and I regret it to this day. It's not the way to handle it. They may play hard for her, but is it for the right reasons. Is winning in high school so important that you think this is okay?

 

Look at the poor kid's body language. Look at Nell, she's lost it in this pic. She is angry! She's not teaching anything here! I have no problem with a coach getting in someone's tailend, but there is a time and place for it.

 

What do you think this kid or the parents of this kid feel about this picture? Posted all over the place.

 

We blow it off because she wins. What if she had a 500 record? What if it was her first year coaching? Would this pic be okay then?

I would say her success may have been assisted by some very talented transfers ending up on her doorstep over the years.

 

You won't find anyone more hardcore than me, but this isn't the way to handle things with female, high school, student athletes. It's not like she happened to get caught once and this is the only time it's happened. It happens multiple times a game to multiple players. You say this is why they win...I see many other coaches win without any of this type of tactic. Dale Mueller, Ken Shields, Bill Herrmann (old HHS football coach), many many others. You can't relate screaming at kids a half inch from their face to winning!

 

I lost it one time like this in an AAU game and I regret it to this day. It's not the way to handle it. They may play hard for her, but is it for the right reasons. Is winning in high school so important that you think this is okay?

 

Look at the poor kid's body language. Look at Nell, she's lost it in this pic. She is angry! She's not teaching anything here! I have no problem with a coach getting in someone's tailend, but there is a time and place for it.

 

What do you think this kid or the parents of this kid feel about this picture? Posted all over the place.

 

We blow it off because she wins. What if she had a 500 record? What if it was her first year coaching? Would this pic be okay then?

 

Oh, but she is teaching here. What she is teaching is that it is acceptable to completely lose your composure during the heat of competition. I do not believe that is a characteristic she would want to instill in her players. Displeasure can be more easily communicated with a stare or body language.

Oh, but she is teaching here. What she is teaching is that it is acceptable to completely lose your composure during the heat of competition. I do not believe that is a characteristic she would want to instill in her players. Displeasure can be more easily communicated with a stare or body language.

 

OMG! Me and RC on the same side of an issue. Look outside, is the world ending?

I would say her success may have been assisted by some very talented transfers ending up on her doorstep over the years.

 

You won't find anyone more hardcore than me, but this isn't the way to handle things with female, high school, student athletes. It's not like she happened to get caught once and this is the only time it's happened. It happens multiple times a game to multiple players. You say this is why they win...I see many other coaches win without any of this type of tactic. Dale Mueller, Ken Shields, Bill Herrmann (old HHS football coach), many many others. You can't relate screaming at kids a half inch from their face to winning!

 

I lost it one time like this in an AAU game and I regret it to this day. It's not the way to handle it. They may play hard for her, but is it for the right reasons. Is winning in high school so important that you think this is okay?

 

Look at the poor kid's body language. Look at Nell, she's lost it in this pic. She is angry! She's not teaching anything here! I have no problem with a coach getting in someone's tailend, but there is a time and place for it.

 

What do you think this kid or the parents of this kid feel about this picture? Posted all over the place.

 

We blow it off because she wins. What if she had a 500 record? What if it was her first year coaching? Would this pic be okay then?

 

 

Now it's easy to emote when we take a glance at the pic, for sure. But the very thought that ran through my mind as I wrote my caption was this: "I wish I could have seen how this player handled herself and what was her play after the encounter?" In acutality, the proof should be in the puddin', as the old saying goes, shouldn't it? I was not there and have no idea how it played out. Simple and commonly expressed opinions seem to place it in one of these two categories: A) if the kid was motivated to kick butt and take names afterwards, and played like a beast, then I guess it was fantastic coaching; B) if the kid she cried like a baby and sulked, then it was poor coaching. The reality of it is that coaching isn't very simple, really. Each coach basically does the best he/she can based on that individual's personal code - however, there is a vast difference amongst coaches of what those codes are.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.