Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is 67 too old to become a dad?

Featured Replies

K

Assuming he is a good father, this child will have a life most of our children will envy. Different yes. But the child will live a blessed life.

This.

And thank you, VOR for seeing it this way.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You've just signed up to get a PM from me once a day with a You Tube link to a Steve Martin clip.

 

I'm kidding.

 

I think.

 

Well one time I saw Cheaper by the Dozen.

Let's see....lot's of cash and the potential to be raised by a hot nanny? I think the kid will be ok...

"I was born a poor black child"

 

"The phonebooks are here!"

 

"Somebody is shooting at these cans!!"

  • Author
"The phonebooks are here!"

 

"Somebody is shooting at these cans!!"

 

The Jerk was one funny movie.

 

[video=youtube;Tcwz8-EfFYE]

The Jerk. Classic. Pure and simple comedic joy. Love it.

  • Author
The Jerk. Classic. Pure and simple comedic joy. Love it.

 

I know, right!?

 

Who said Martin wasn't funny? I have pitchforks and we can make fire on our march.

For the sake of the child I hope Martin lives for a long time. I lost my father before manhood and it sucks.

85.

 

That's how old he would be when his child graduates highschool.

 

I'll take a 67 year old dad who may not live to see his kid's graduation over a 19 year old dad who does not even know he is a dad.

I'll take a 67 year old dad who may not live to see his kid's graduation over a 19 year old dad who does not even know he is a dad.

 

Great point! Maybe a few years with a good dad is better than none. I still think a conscience decision to start at 67 was very self serving.

I still think a conscience decision to start at 67 was very self serving.

 

Was this his first kid at 67? I see what you are saying. But also something to be said about sharing the experience of bringing a life into the world with someone you love. Lots of good comes from that. It's not always about being there for the long haul to do all the traditional "dad" stuff that we think is necessary. If done well---unconditional love and support lasts a lifetime.

I think it's great that he is finally getting to experience being a dad no matter how old he is. Like someone said, there are no guarantees about life expectancy. I lost my dad to cancer when I was 11; he was 46. Steve Martin may live to be 100 or he may drop dead tomorrow. Live life to the fullest while you are on this earth and never have regrets.

Yes 67 is too old to become a Dad, but Steve could just adopt me and I'd save him money on the diaper change, just include me in the will and all would be fine.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.