Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGP Boys Top 20 (1-21-13)

Featured Replies

BGP Boys Top 20 (Jan. 21, 2013)

 

1. Bullitt East

2. Ballard

3. Madison Central

4. Trinity

5. Henry Clay

6. Montgomery County

7. Hopkinsville

8. Fairdale

9. John Hardin

10. Central

11. PRP

12. Knott Central

13. Saint Xavier

14. Scott County

15. Butler

16. Holmes

17. Collins

18. Bryan Station

19. Lafayette

20. Lexington Catholic

  • Replies 121
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BGP Boys Top 20 (Jan. 21, 2013)

 

 

19. Lafayette

20. Lexington Catholic

 

Curious as to the reasoning behind having these two ahead of Covington Catholic.

 

What are the good wins that LexCath has had?

I personally would drop Ballard another spot since they lost. Im not sure Knott Central is a top 15 team. Without a little good fortune, they would have lost to Cordia.

Curious as to the reasoning behind having these two ahead of Covington Catholic.

 

What are the good wins that LexCath has had?

 

Lafayette had a great showing against then ranked Southwestern which had them ranked 13th in the previous poll. After a 3 point loss to Bryan Station, 2 point loss to CovCath and a 7 point victory over Collins they landed at 19th this week.

 

LexCath was previously ranked 18th in the last poll and blew out Dunbar and moved down to 20th. Lafayette is better than LexCath and has already soundly defeated them as well. I can't see LexCath over Lafayette. Dunbar is their only good victory.

 

CovCath's best win is over Lafayette and they have a recent victory over NCC as well. Lost to Holmes. CovCath has yet to be ranked this season. There's an argument to rank them over LexCath. I'm not ready to rank them over Lafayette but I understand why some may feel they should be over Lafayette and LexCath. I haven't seen CovCath yet. I have seen Lafayette, LexCath and Montgomery County.

Lafayette had a great showing against then ranked Southwestern which had them ranked 13th in the previous poll. After a 3 point loss to Bryan Station, 2 point loss to CovCath and a 7 point victory over Collins they landed at 19th this week.

 

LexCath was previously ranked 18th in the last poll and blew out Dunbar and moved down to 20th. Lafayette is better than LexCath and has already soundly defeated them as well. I can't see LexCath over Lafayette. Dunbar is their only good victory.

 

CovCath's best win is over Lafayette and they have a recent victory over NCC as well. Lost to Holmes. CovCath has yet to be ranked this season. There's an argument to rank them over LexCath. I'm not ready to rank them over Lafayette but I understand why some may feel they should be over Lafayette and LexCath. I haven't seen CovCath yet. I have seen Lafayette, LexCath and Montgomery County.

 

 

And you find this sound logic?

I personally would drop Ballard another spot since they lost. Im not sure Knott Central is a top 15 team. Without a little good fortune, they would have lost to Cordia.

 

Ballard lost by 1 point to a top 5 team on a free throw with 1 second left. Had Snider made the jumper Ballard would still be #1. Had they lost by 5+ I'd agree. I still think they are the best team in the state.

 

Knott Central dropped from 10 to 12 since the last poll.

  • Author

In my opinion there is a huge lump of teams in the range of the bottom of this poll. Once you get to the end of the season it's sometimes a feel, and I don't think anyone would be surprised to see any of those at the bottom beat up on the others. Lex Cath will continue to plummet out of the poll in my opinion or rise to the top of it considering the rest of their schedule.

In my opinion there is a huge lump of teams in the range of the bottom of this poll. Once you get to the end of the season it's sometimes a feel, and I don't think anyone would be surprised to see any of those at the bottom beat up on the others. Lex Cath will continue to plummet out of the poll in my opinion or rise to the top of it considering the rest of their schedule.

 

Agreed. I expect LexCath to fall out of the poll very soon.

No love for Newport Catholic. No love for Covington Catholic. Only a smidge of love for the undefeated Holmes Bulldogs. Me thinks me sees a pattern developing... :D

Trinity has played a tough schedule in-state (and out-of-state for that matter).

They have played nos. 2, 5, 7, 8, 11 (twice), 13 and 17.

During an 8-day stretch (1/26--2/2), they will play nos. 6, 11, 3 and 5.

Later they will play nos. 19 and 10.

No love for Newport Catholic. No love for Covington Catholic. Only a smidge of love for the undefeated Holmes Bulldogs. Me thinks me sees a pattern developing... :D

 

It's really hard to truly judge how good 9th region teams are this year. There are 3 teams worthy of being ranked in the top 20 and it is really hard trying to figure out just how good they based on their results. We were skeptical of Holmes because of their seemingly light schedule and they beat CovCath by 11. We had NewCath ranked and they lose to CovCath. Holmes is definitely a top 20 team. Where do you put them at? We aren't sure and we aren't going to knee jerk it and put them in the top 10 after being unranked all season. If they keep winning they'll keep rising. If CovCath keeps it up then they'll rise up also. Same for NCC. The hardest ones to rank are always 12-20. A lot of those teams in those ranks can make the same claims about quality wins as the 9th region teams that so many claim should be in the top 20 every week.

Edited by PurplePride92

Trinity has played a tough schedule in-state (and out-of-state for that matter).

They have played nos. 2, 5, 7, 8, 11 (twice), 13 and 17.

During an 8-day stretch (1/26--2/2), they will play nos. 6, 11, 3 and 5.

Later they will play nos. 19 and 10.

 

Trinity went from 5 to 4 and is ahead of a team that has defeated them at full strength.

Trinity went from 5 to 4 and is ahead of a team that has defeated them at full strength.

They are also behind a team which they beat having 2 starters out. I have no complaints with the BGP poll.....makes for good, if quite meaningless, conversation.

They are also behind a team which they beat having 2 starters out. I have no complaints with the BGP poll.....makes for good, if quite meaningless, conversation.

 

Great conversation.

 

I still think Ballard is the better team. :D

 

Plus Trinity is Ballard's only loss to a Ky team. I can't penalize Ballard for that. I hope there is a rematch.

 

Also, had Trinity not won the LIT but made the finals they likely would have stayed at 5 since they lost to St. X since the last poll. St. X did get a slight bump for beating Trinity despite their showing in the LIT.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.