Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGP Boys Top 20 (1-21-13)

Featured Replies

I don't. I call it the BGP Top 20 Rankings. 1-21-13.

 

Fair enough. As long as we're clear on how the voting works.

  • Replies 121
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By the way, are you telling me NO ONE who votes knows anything about Cincinnati basketball?

 

Not sure. I know I don't. Knowing Cincy basketball obviously isn't a requirement and doesn't strike me as necessary one to be able to vote.

Not sure. I know I don't. Knowing Cincy basketball obviously isn't a requirement and doesn't strike me as necessary one to be able to vote.

 

 

Do you know how good Jeffersonville High in Indiana is?

Boys, it will all shake out in March.

Boys, it will all shake out in March.

 

Why wait to argue? I thought that was the purpose of the poll.

Station: 4 good wins. 5 losses to teams outside of the top 20.

CCH: 3 to 5 good wins. Zero losses to teams outside of the top 20.

 

And I'd argue that the teams that Station lost to outside of the top 20 are better than the teams CovCath is playing outside the top 20.

Boys, it will all shake out in March.

 

That's when I'll be saying....see...I told you. :D

Do you know how good Jeffersonville High in Indiana is?

 

No, I do not. More google homework for PP92 I suppose?

And I'd argue that the teams that Station lost to outside of the top 20 are better than the teams CovCath is playing outside the top 20.

 

Even though you said you don't know how good Moeller, Chaminade, Taft, and Winton Woods are?

No, I do not. More google homework for PP92 I suppose?

 

So did you not give T credit for their W over them?

So did you not give T credit for their W over them?

 

No I did not. Trinity is a very good team so seeing them beat anyone isn't a surprise to me. Especially after watching them on Ssturday.

Even though you said you don't know how good Moeller, Chaminade, Taft, and Winton Woods are?

 

Fair point but that is my point at the same time. I have seen Bryan Station play more than Boyle County this season. I have also seen the teams they have lost to and when I am looking at results from all of those teams I have a great vantage point to figure out just how good these teams are. Having not been exposed to Taft, Winton Woods, Moeller, etc I have no clue just how good they are basketball wise compared to Ky schools. It's hard for me to be able to factor in out of state opponents when I have no clue just how good out of state basketball is or compares to Ky. Like I said earlier CovCath could have a good win over Moeller and Moeller is 12-2 I believe. If Moeller played Mercer County or East Jessamine this week and lost to them also that good win for CovCath disappears. And also, Roger Bacon is 14-1(lone loss to LexCath). I've seen LexCath.

Even though you said you don't know how good Moeller, Chaminade, Taft, and Winton Woods are?

 

Covcath doesn't beat Winton Woods if Cheatham/Chatham (sp?) and the other stud for them plays that game.

I haven't seen Bullitt East play in person this year, but I agree they are probably the best team. I guess since this doesn't come out every 7 days I see your point. And, I am not disagreeing about any of the rankings necessarily. I do think Henry Clay is too high based on recent results, as they have lost their last 2 against Top 20 teams. How far too high, maybe 2 or 3 spots.

 

Truthfully, no matter what order or who you left out, there will be always be omissions. Covington Catholic might be the most glaring omission this time. I think Knott County Central is the most overrated team in the Top 20. They are 0-1 against other Top 20 teams and recently lost to Perry County Central, which lost 2 of our 3 in the recent Toyota Classic. Maybe Covington Catholic deserves their spot.

 

You very well could be right. Last rankings it was Holmes. This week it could be CovCath.

 

Agreed on Knott Central. They are getting lower every week.

  • Author

Since we are getting testy, I know the Winton Woods coach personally. We had even discussed them coming to play in our showcase possibly facing Huntington Prep. He said they aren't remotely as good as they were the year before. I also have seen Taft for 2 years in a row. So, there goes the no one knows anything about Cincy basketball theory. Again, If CC is worthy it's towards the bottom of the poll. Same argument made for Holmes last week. Keep winning and things will likely change. The NKY homers make this thread fun.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.