Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGP Boys Top 20 (1-21-13)

Featured Replies

I was so impressed with number 6 Montgomery County, I can't imagine how good the teams are ahead of them. MC may lack depth but their first 6 are so strong. I watched Layfayette dismantle Collins so I am a bit confused with those rankings. I have no idea how Covington Catholic defeated Layfayette but they did.

 

I agree the bottom ten on the poll are so tight and close that it really doesn't matter. As with most polls, time will tell.

  • Replies 121
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Louisville has the best basketball followed by the 11th region area. I think the BGP poll does show that. I think there are Louisville teams that aren't ranked that could defeat a large percentage of the state. I keep waiting for someone to argue for Male to be ranked.

I was so impressed with number 6 Montgomery County, I can't imagine how good the teams are ahead of them. MC may lack depth but their first 6 are so strong. I watched Layfayette dismantle Collins so I am a bit confused with those rankings. I have no idea how Covington Catholic defeated Layfayette but they did.

 

I agree the bottom ten on the poll are so tight and close that it really doesn't matter. As with most polls, time will tell.

 

I'd love to see Montgomery County again. I saw them in a Christmas tourney and was actually less impressed than I thought I would be. Bryan Station handled them without issue. It's easy to see they are playing better now than what they were in December. And that's how it should be.

 

Collins was ranked higher in the previous poll. I can't remember what they were ranked but I am certain they are lower this week.

 

 

Edit:

 

Collins dropped 1 spot. That could be one who should have dropped out.

Edited by PurplePride92

I think Louisville has the best basketball followed by the 11th region area. I think the BGP poll does show that. I think there are Louisville teams that aren't ranked that could defeat a large percentage of the state. I keep waiting for someone to argue for Male to be ranked.

 

I'd like to agree with you on Male. The problem for me is they've only played in one event -- the Fort Harrod Classic -- where they've played Kentucky teams that aren't from Jefferson County. Plus, they got absolutely WORKED by Central earlier in the year. If they go unbeaten this week in games against Eastern, Scott County and Hazard... then I'll be the first to argue for them next week. How they play in that game against Scott County will mean a lot to me.

I'd love to see Montgomery County again. I saw them in a Christmas tourney and was actually less impressed than I thought I would be. Bryan Station handled them without issue. It's east to see they are playing better now than what they were in December. And that's how it should be.

 

Collins was ranked higher in the previous poll. I can't remember what they were ranked but I am certain they are lower this week.

 

 

Edit:

 

Collins dropped 1 spot. That could be one who should have dropped out.

 

 

Omar dropped 36 on Cov Cath and I think Cov Cath has a very strong defensive team. Very impressive young man.

Collins has played a tough schedule and has some good wins so that explains why they are still ranked IMO.

Trinity went from 5 to 4 and is ahead of a team that has defeated them at full strength.

 

A two point loss that took place in Pikeville. I think we can safely write that off as a school from Louisville getting jobbed up in the hills. :D

I'd like to agree with you on Male. The problem for me is they've only played in one event -- the Fort Harrod Classic -- where they've played Kentucky teams that aren't from Jefferson County. Plus, they got absolutely WORKED by Central earlier in the year. If they go unbeaten this week in games against Eastern, Scott County and Hazard... then I'll be the first to argue for them next week. How they play in that game against Scott County will mean a lot to me.

 

 

Agreed. Stoner can stroke it. He was fun to watch. They have a nice PG also. Lambert, maybe?

 

 

Tough week for Male this week. Looking forward to their results.

CovCath's best win is over Lafayette and they have a recent victory over NCC as well. Lost to Holmes. CovCath has yet to be ranked this season. There's an argument to rank them over LexCath. I'm not ready to rank them over Lafayette but I understand why some may feel they should be over Lafayette and LexCath. I haven't seen CovCath yet. I have seen Lafayette, LexCath and Montgomery County.

 

 

Cov Cath has also had quality wins against Cincinnati,Ohio teams: Moeller, Winton Woods & Taft

A two point loss that took place in Pikeville. I think we can safely write that off as a school from Louisville getting jobbed up in the hills. :D

 

:lol: :lol:

 

Like I said Saturday, I wasn't a believer in anti-Louisville conspiracies until the Sweet 16 draw last year. :D

I personally would drop Ballard another spot since they lost.

 

That'd be fair too, but they've also beaten that Madison Central team in the King of the Bluegrass. I could go either way. A lot of things broke for Trinity in that game Saturday that may not on another day; Ballard is my No. 2 behind Bullitt East.

 

Cov Cath has also had quality wins against Cincinnati,Ohio teams: Moeller, Winton Woods & Taft

 

It's too hard for me to know just how good those Ohio teams are. LexCath beat Roger Bacon. Wouldn't that be a quality win for them and which Ohio team is better? Isn't Roger Bacon the better basketball school compared to Moeller, Taft and Winton Woods and should I need to research Ohio teams to rank Ky teams?

 

The win over Lafayette is a great start for respect for CovCath. I think things will shape up in the next week or two.

Just make the poll like the NCAA rankings. What have you done for me lately and where were you ranked in the last poll -- those are the 2 questions that should determine the order. On top logic, Trinity should be in front of Ballard this week. Since Lafayette was already ranked, they dropped as expected, but Covington Catholic wouldn't automatically move up. If they would have beaten Montgomery County, then they would have probably made the list. Bryan Station, for example, would have been Top 10 worthy if they didn't lose to Woodford County. I think Henry Clay should have fallen further due to the loss to Bryan Station. They didn't beat anybody worthwhile after that loss.

CCH has wins over Moeller (#2 in Cincy - top 20 in Ohio big school division).

They beat Lafayette.

They beat NCC.

 

 

I'm not sure sure how those can be dismissed.

Just make the poll like the NCAA rankings. What have you done for me lately and where were you ranked in the last poll -- those are the 2 questions that should determine the order. On top logic, Trinity should be in front of Ballard this week. Since Lafayette was already ranked, they dropped as expected, but Covington Catholic wouldn't automatically move up. If they would have beaten Montgomery County, then they would have probably made the list. Bryan Station, for example, would have been Top 10 worthy if they didn't lose to Woodford County. I think Henry Clay should have fallen further due to the loss to Bryan Station. They didn't beat anybody worthwhile after that loss.

 

Impossible. Different dynamics for both polls. Ballard has defeated Madison Central and Madison Central is 1-1 against Bullitt East. Henry Clay beat Trinity and Henry Clay has 3 losses to ranked teams by a combined 7 points. Trinity also lost since the last rankings but moved up in the polls due to their LIT performance. Have you seen Bullitt East play? If there are more than 2 teams better than them I want to see them.

 

 

Way too hard. We do the best we can with what we got. Considering we have to communicate by computer and texts on each other's schedules and can't sit in the same room or restaurant at the same time to properly discuss and dissect all worthy teams I think we do pretty good.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.