Sacred Heart 63 Newport Catholic 41

I think both NewCath and SH were evenly matched talent wise, the Breds just missed too many "point blank" shots, that normally go in. SH's "D" did do an excellent job forcing turnovers. If they played again definitely a different outcome. However they got the job done last night and Congrats to them.

I think both NewCath and SH were evenly matched talent wise, the Breds just missed too many "point blank" shots, that normally go in. SH's "D" did do an excellent job forcing turnovers. If they played again definitely a different outcome. However they got the job done last night and Congrats to them.

Pretty bold comment after a 22 point blowout with the jv playing the 4th qtr. I don't think the outcome would be much different. We do get another one of our starters back soon as well. (Venessa Biasis)

Were you there? How many "point blank" shots did NewCath miss? Enough that you would need hands & feet to count, and these are shots that normally fall. Both JV teams were playing the 4th quarter, so that's a moot point. SH was a very good team, that got the Breds on an off night.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this.

SHA just basically took NCC out of anything they wanted to do offensively..you can make comments about easy missed shots, etc but SHA trademark is its defense. No ne in KY plays defense like Heart. They flat get after you. In their loss they played without 3 starters and they were still adjusting to a scheme without Merriweather. Forget any rankings you see. They are one of the state's best

SHA just basically took NCC out of anything they wanted to do offensively..you can make comments about easy missed shots, etc but SHA trademark is its defense. No ne in KY plays defense like Heart. They flat get after you. In their loss they played without 3 starters and they were still adjusting to a scheme without Merriweather. Forget any rankings you see. They are one of the state's best

Sacred Heart was real good and showed it, no question. SH got the Breds on an off night, they are MUCH better than that performance.

Really good defense usually equals poor shooting percentage from the opponent. Newport wasn't used to seeing that kind of defense.

SHA will continue to get better as they gain chemistry with the new rotation because of the loss of Raven M.

Good luck to Newport for the rest of the season. Yes we agree to disagree. I hope we see you in the tourney at the end of the year, which would mean both teams would have a good year.