Softball Fever anyone???

TheOwenFive

Winter camps are fundraisers for the schools unless your a pitcher.

Depends on the type of clinic/camp it is. Also depends on what or if coaches are actively recruiting a particular class. I know of several kids who have recieved offers while attending camps, and it is a good idea for coaches to be able to put a name with the face. Generally, it is a fundraiser for the coaches/schools too. I am of the belief that camps are real important in the recruiting process for softball, the sooner they see a kid/prospect, the better as far as Division 1 schools go. Sometimes, kids get invited to these camps because the school wants to get a close up look at them and have a chance to interact with them while they are on campus.

Depends on the type of clinic/camp it is. Also depends on what or if coaches are actively recruiting a particular class. I know of several kids who have recieved offers while attending camps, and it is a good idea for coaches to be able to put a name with the face. Generally, it is a fundraiser for the coaches/schools too. I am of the belief that camps are real important in the recruiting process for softball, the sooner they see a kid/prospect, the better as far as Division 1 schools go. Sometimes, kids get invited to these camps because the school wants to get a close up look at them and have a chance to interact with them while they are on campus.
The coaches only interacted with the pitchers at UT-Martin. For 2 hours each day. The rest of the girls hit a wiffle ball with a stick for 6 hours. After receiving e-mails from all three coaches saying that I have seen you play and am very impressed and would like to see you come to our camp so we can work with you up close. We use this camp as a recruiting tool. The other line they give you is that 90 percent of our current players have attended our camp. What they didn't say was that they attended after they have already committed. It would have been a good camp if you are a local and 10 years old.

The coaches only interacted with the pitchers at UT-Martin. For 2 hours each day. The rest of the girls hit a wiffle ball with a stick for 6 hours. After receiving e-mails from all three coaches saying that I have seen you play and am very impressed and would like to see you come to our camp so we can work with you up close. We use this camp as a recruiting tool. The other line they give you is that 90 percent of our current players have attended our camp. What they didn't say was that they attended after they have already committed. It would have been a good camp if you are a local and 10 years old.

Definitely does not sound like a positive experience.

From a spectators point of view, I love it. It's amazing how you like to watch certain sports, and others you don't.

For example, HS and college football? Yes.

NFL? Negative.

Men's HS and College basketball? Yes.

Women's? A big hell no.

NBA? Slowly getting more back into it.

College baseball and women's softball (HS and college)? Most definitely.

High School baseball? Not really.

Good luck to all the young ladies, coaches, moms and dads this spring! Ill be watching in my area.