Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2012 KFCA District Players and Coaches of the Year Announced

Featured Replies

High school players, Coaches of the Year for districts announced

 

Per the article from CJ:

 

The Kentucky Football Coaches Association has named its Players and Coaches of the Year for each of the state's 48 districts.

Winners will be recognized during next week's state finals at Houchens Industries/L.T. Smith Stadium in Bowling Green. Winners of the Player and Coach of the Year awards in each class also will be announced during the state finals.

Here's a list of the district winners, with Player of the Year first:

CLASS A

District One - Jonathan Jackson (Mayfield), Joe Morris (Mayfield); Two - Jordon Duff (Kentucky Country Day), Matthew Jones (Kentucky Country Day); Three - Max Nussbaum (Beechwood), Noel Rash (Beechwood); Four - Aaron Jackson (Frankfort), Craig Foley (Frankfort); Five - Jacob Jeffers (Williamsburg), Jerry Herron (Williamsburg); Six - Ty Saragas (Harlan), Mark Dixon (Hazard); Seven - Devin Turner (Fairview), Nathan McPeek (Fairview); Eight - Weston Little (South Floyd), Chris McNamee (Pikeville).

CLASS 2-A

District One - Jaylen Boyd (Caldwell County), David Barnes (Caldwell County); Two - Justin Hamilton (Hancock County), John Edge (Owensboro Catholic); Three - Quentel Bradley (Glasgow), Rick Wood (Glasgow); Four - Dylan Byrd (DeSales), Stefan LeFors (Christian Academy); Five - Tyshawn Embs (Carroll County), Adam Fowler (Owen County); Six - Dylan Hayes (Newport Central Catholic), Josh Stratten (Lloyd Memorial); Seven - Devonta Alcorn (Danville), Ray Graham (Lexington Christian); Eight - Jarred Jerrell (Prestonsburg), Jonathan Parsons (Betsy Layne).

CLASS 3-A

District One - Jayven Jones (Trigg County), Coby Lewis (Trigg County); Two - Chad Wilson (Monroe County), John Petett (Monroe County); Three - Caleb Canter (LaRue County), Josh Jaggers (LaRue County); Four - Alex Bolin (Casey County), Shawn Thompson (Wayne County); Five - Kentayvus Hopkins (Bourbon County), Reed Fields (Bath County); Six - Rashon Nelson (Mason County), David Buchanan (Mason County); Seven - Kody Thornsberry (Morgan County), Brian Turner (Morgan County); Eight - Justin Johnson (Belfry), Philip Haywood (Belfry).

CLASS 4-A

District One - DeJuan Sherrill (Lone Oak), Joe Prince (Owensboro); Two - Eli Brown (Warren East), Ben Bruni (Warren East); Three - DeAndre Farris (Collins), Mike Marksberry (Spencer County); Four - Boo Crabtree (Fairdale), LaKunta Farmer (Doss); Five - Kyle Bolin (Lexington Catholic), Bill Letton (Lexington Catholic); Six - Nick Britt (Russell County), Evan Napier (Clay County); Seven - Donavon McCoy (Highlands), Terry Brown (Pendleton County); Eight - Cade O'Bryan (Ashland Blazer), Jim Matney (Johnson Central).

CLASS 5-A

District One - Zack Katzman (Graves County), Lance Gregory (Graves County); Two - Dakota Madison (Greenwood), Greg Cavanah (Greenwood); Three - Dominick Brown (John Hardin), Mark Brown (John Hardin); Four - Zach Shipley (Shelby County), Todd Shipley (Shelby County); Five - Cameron Fogle (Conner), Dan Woorley (Scott); Six - Ryan Timmons (Franklin County), Chris Tracy (Franklin County); Seven - Damien Harris (Madison Southern), Jonathan Clark (Madison Southern); Eight - Jake Middleton (Harlan County), James Black (Whitley County).

CLASS 6-A

District One - Cade Wilke (Henderson County), Clay Clevenger (Henderson County); Two - John Clark (Meade County), Mark Perry (Central Hardin); Three - Spencer Sumpter (Pleasure Ridge Park), Jason Hiser (Pleasure Ridge Park); Four - Charles Walker (St. Xavier), Mike Glaser (St. Xavier); Five - Cody Wolfe (Eastern), Mike Jackson (Ballard); Six - Tyler Durham (Campbell County), David Brossart (Dixie Heights); Seven - Scott Daniel (Scott County), Jim McKee (Scott County); Eight - Dennis Oxendine (Tates Creek), Carl Hayden (Lafayette)

  • Replies 36
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well played 6A D4 coaches.

 

I can think of 3 better players for 1 other team in that district then the one named. I guess the nod to the coach being sent out to pasture is to be expected.

 

Guess the Trinity kids will have to be happy knowing that in their playing careers they never lost a district game and most of those games were blow-outs in Trinity's favor.

This may be one of the biggest jokes ever!!!!!!

 

How in the world doesn't Coach Borchers win coach of the year in that district????????

 

That is horrible,nothing against Scott's coach, but are you serious????????

 

KFCA just lost all credibility.

 

In reality though, I wouldn't expect anything less. The Jaguars and their coach was overlooked all season. Pre season not even picked as 1 of the top 10 teams in the area. Was told they couldn't win a playoff game, was told they couldn't beat Anderson County,AC was out coached by Borchers, told they couldn't beat So Oldham twice, they did by even a bigger margin than their first meeting, and then told there was no way they could keep up with Franklin Co. A great coaching job shut FC down as the Jags won their first regional championship.

 

Yet still absolutely no respect, none given to AJ Collins but especially to Coach Borchers.

 

Still after proving all the doubters wrong all year they still get overlooked. That's ok, they are used to getting no respect, and look where they are today? Still playing at least 1 more game while the award winners from that district are all home watching.

 

Well I guess the voters didn't want to embarrass themselves because they picked Woorley as COY before the season started and had to stick to their guns. So I guess winning nothing gets you labeled as the best coach...classic.

 

Go figure. Politics wins out again I guess.

Edited by Hellbird

Well played 6A D4 coaches.

 

I can think of 3 better players for 1 other team in that district then the one named. I guess the nod to the coach being sent out to pasture is to be expected.

 

Guess the Trinity kids will have to be happy knowing that in their playing careers they never lost a district game and most of those games were blow-outs in Trinity's favor.

 

All Tell, you seemed to have forgotten the marquee wins over Fern Creek and Doss!

Over all the Tigers had exactly one win over a team with a winning record, that being 3A Central. With all the talent on the team why wouldn't an 8-5 coach be the coach of the year?

I think it's hysterical.

I don't know whether this applies to any of the schools in question, but I know you actually have to pay to be a member of the KFCA in order to be eligible for its award. This is the problem in a lot of other sports, too. If you don't pay to be a member, you aren't eligible for the awards.

 

I can tell you The Courier-Journal has considered not even running these awards because they're not all-inclusive. But we decided it would be a disservice to those who win not to acknowledge them.

 

It's the same reason we don't run the state statistical leaders provided by the KHSAA. Too many teams simply don't report their stats, and the ones that are released aren't anywhere close to accurate.

All valid points, as I have no dog in this fight....but I know in the past there have been some schools that did'nt pay the required dues to the KFCA and therefore not eligible to recieve awards or being allowed to vote. Could this have happened?

I think it's hysterical.

I agree. How can a team like Trinity be ignored after not losing a district game and how can a coach who wins the districts first ever regional championship in Cooper be ignored to a coach who had a losing record?

All valid points, as I have no dog in this fight....but I know in the past there have been some schools that did'nt pay the required dues to the KFCA and therefore not eligible to recieve awards or being allowed to vote. Could this have happened?

I don't think so. I think it has more to do with politics than anything else. I'm still waiting for 1 just 1 legitimate reason to why Coach Borchers was snubbed. Shoot, there are even two other coaches that were even more deserving than the one who won in the district besides Borchers. That would be Conner and South Oldhams coaches. Conner's for being the only coach to beat Cooper thus far and South Oldham for being the #1 seed in the district.

Wow Coach Barth leads Walton to its best record ever and first regional playoff and does not win coach of the year for the district. What a joke.

I have absolutely no dog in this fight. But this might be the first time I've seen a coach of the year from a school that went winless in the district, winless in the region, outscored 232-7 in its four district games, and didn't qualify for the playoffs.

 

I have to be missing something.

Not going to make everyone happy not matter who is selected. In the real world everyone does not gets a trophy.

 

Congratulations to all the young men and Coaches. I'm sure they are all well deserved across the state.

I have absolutely no dog in this fight. But this might be the first time I've seen a coach of the year from a school that went winless in the district, winless in the region, outscored 232-7 in its four district games, and didn't qualify for the playoffs.

 

I have to be missing something.

I now believe they toss all the names in a hat beffore the season an draw the winners names out and simply stick to that.

 

They have lost all credibility from here on out.

Pure comedy across the board. Makes the award not as esteemed...Queen of Pink is right not everyone gets a trophy, but the ones who do get it should be deserved.

Not going to make everyone happy not matter who is selected. In the real world everyone does not gets a trophy.

Normally, I would agree with you completely, but what are your thoughts on mcpapa's post below?

 

I have absolutely no dog in this fight. But this might be the first time I've seen a coach of the year from a school that went winless in the district, winless in the region, outscored 232-7 in its four district games, and didn't qualify for the playoffs.

 

I have to be missing something.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.