Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2017 Prospect QB Tanner Morgan at Ryle

Featured Replies

  • Author

Let's remember that we're talking about an 8th grader here. Evaluation is fine but let's not put him down in order to praise another kid. I'll believe Gorilla that the youngster is committed. I look forward to watching him develop.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this young man is a QB prospect playing varsity bball at Villa. Obviously he will be going to a different high school in he plans on playing football.

 

Have been told that he is considered the fifth best 8th grader in Ky Basketball. Take if for what it's worth but that's what I have been told and I have seen the kid play football and he has a cannon for a arm! Puts some big time zip on it!

Have been told that he is considered the fifth best 8th grader in Ky Basketball. Take if for what it's worth but that's what I have been told and I have seen the kid play football and he has a cannon for a arm! Puts some big time zip on it!

 

I was told yesterday that Cole was giving up football to concentrate on basketball and that is why Racke is going to Cov Cath next year. Take it for what it's worth but came from a Cov Cath guy with ties to football program.

Wow...Kids are leaving Independence in mass exodus!! Stringer and Combs to Beechwood and now Racke to CovCath...

I would be shocked and dissapointed if Cole gives up football. It would be a tremendous shame as well. No doubt he's a stud on the court- I just think as his body develops he has the potential to make a much larger impact on the football field than the basketball court. My two cents anyway. Hopefully he is made to feel comfortable doing both.

Wow...Kids are leaving Independence in mass exodus!! Stringer and Combs to Beechwood and now Racke to CovCath...

 

 

Combs has been at Beechwood since at least the 7th grade and the family lives in Ft. Mitchell.

Combs has been at Beechwood since at least the 7th grade and the family lives in Ft. Mitchell.

 

Didn't he used to live out that way? I am pretty sure he did..

Let's remember that we're talking about an 8th grader here. Evaluation is fine but let's not put him down in order to praise another kid. I'll believe Gorilla that the youngster is committed. I look forward to watching him develop.

 

Agreed Clyde you might want to keep TOG on a leash! I happen to have been able to see all three! I think each one could help a program. I believe Morgan quit basketball a few years back to concentrate on football. I think the other two still play basketball and I think 2 or 3 were on a state champion AAU basketball squad? In any event any truth to one coming to Fort Thomas? It looks that they will be fun to follow in years to come!

Didn't he used to live out that way? I am pretty sure he did..

 

That might be true. I don't know the answer to that. I do know he has been at Beechwood and playing football there since 7th grade.

Agreed Clyde you might want to keep TOG on a leash! I happen to have been able to see all three! I think each one could help a program. I believe Morgan quit basketball a few years back to concentrate on football. I think the other two still play basketball and I think 2 or 3 were on a state champion AAU basketball squad? In any event any truth to one coming to Fort Thomas? It looks that they will be fun to follow in years to come!

 

If playing basketball is part of the decision, advantage to Cov Cath IMO.

If playing basketball is part of the decision, advantage to Cov Cath IMO.

 

 

 

If winning a State Championship is part of the decision than advantage Caketown..:lol:

Wow...Kids are leaving Independence in mass exodus!! Stringer and Combs to Beechwood and now Racke to CovCath...

 

Give me a break. Combs left independence after the 5th grade and lives in Beechwood District. Was he supposed to Lock in before that? He has been a Tiger for 3 Years He was the starting Freshman QB in the 7th grade and did a great job. . Pretty soon, if you attend Kindergarden in a School District you are locked in.

 

Talking with his parents, I am certain the choice was as much academics as it was athletics.

 

He is the type of kid that I'm glad Beechwood attracts. Way more than just a great athtlete.

 

That said, Bring on Baseball as well. He will start Varsity.

Give me a break. Combs left independence after the 5th grade and lives in Beechwood District. Was he supposed to Lock in before that? He has been a Tiger for 3 Years He was the starting Freshman QB in the 7th grade and did a great job. . Pretty soon, if you attend Kindergarden in a School District you are locked in.

 

Talking with his parents, I am certain the choice was as much academics as it was athletics.

 

He is the type of kid that I'm glad Beechwood attracts. Way more than just a great athtlete.

 

That said, Bring on Baseball as well. He will start Varsity.

 

I have known Braden and his dad since he was in 2nd or 3rd grade..I have seen him play many aau basketball and select baseball games..Great kid!! I was just saying how it is strange how these kids and families leave the Independence area for greener pastures..:jump:

I have known Braden and his dad since he was in 2nd or 3rd grade..I have seen him play many aau basketball and select baseball games..Great kid!! I was just saying how it is strange how these kids and families leave the Independence area for greener pastures..:jump:

 

Not strange at all!

Camps and combines are a far bigger part of recruiting than you think. Clearly, you are the one who doesn't know much about recruiting. Camps and combines are how kids get initial exposure. If I am not I mistaken Drew Barker from Conner received multiple offers based upon his camps performance. Many of his offers came before the schools even saw him in game action. The and like double deuce mentioned, trinity backup has offers without playing in a game.

 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Epic using Forum Runner

 

Could not have said it better myself. GG has no clue if he thinks all or most scholly offers come just on Friday nites. Friday nites tend to be the confirmation for work done on the summer camp/combine circuit. I agree that VonHandorf and Racke are probably ahead in their development now but all three have good futures ahead of them but DEVELOPMENT is the key and to date I don't see anyone at Ryle developing QB's. Assuming Ryle continues the Hauck smash mouth run game it will not help Morgan in the future because I think most agree that Ryle runs the mess out their QB's and this is not Morgan's forte'. He throws a good ball but he's not going to outrun or over power anyone running Guts, Buck and Slam. Hempel did BOTH very well because of his size, speed and pure athletic abiity. He'll be more successful if/when Ryle changes their system around his skillset.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.