Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cardinals 6 Braves 3

Featured Replies

Final.

  • Replies 105
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Great job, Cardinals. Wish I could have seen it.

 

 

Without the infield fly call, I think Kozma keeps going & makes the catch.

Great job, Cardinals. Wish I could have seen it.

 

 

Without the infield fly call, I think Kozma keeps going & makes the catch.

I don't. He turned and looked at Holiday when he pulled off. Also the call was real late. That said after seeing the angle where he can see the whole field the call wasn't as bad as I originally thought but still think it was the wrong call.

  • Author

Braves: 3 errors

 

'Nuff said.

The protest is still being reviewed so there is still hope. Although I've never seen a game where the protest was won and the game was replayed from the point the protest was initiated. We'll see but I'm not expecting anything.

Braves: 3 errors

 

'Nuff said.

 

You still can't say that that call didn't have a MAJOR impact on the game. It absolutely influenced the end of it.

  • Author
You still can't say that that call didn't have a MAJOR impact on the game. It absolutely influenced the end of it.

 

But I can still say that Ross lucked out with the timeout called before he struck out, & got the chance to hit a two-run homer instead.

 

Things even out.

Rule wise, it was the correct call but I don't know how they call it 225 ft from the plate. Appeal was denied, final.

Rule wise, it was the correct call but I don't know how they call it 225 ft from the plate. Appeal was denied, final.

 

As you probably know there is no wording in the rulebook that deals with distance from home plate. The main criteria (and it's a judgement obviously) is "ordinary effort." I think that was met.

 

Where it gets interesting is taking into account the intent of the rule. It's meant to stop a defensive team who can catch a pop fly rather easily from letting it drop and potentially doubling up runners.

 

What I do not know is if the case books used by ML Umps talks about this type of sitch. In no way was there going to be a chance of a DP if the ball was not caught. Is there a case on this one? Not sure.

The protest is still being reviewed so there is still hope. Although I've never seen a game where the protest was won and the game was replayed from the point the protest was initiated. We'll see but I'm not expecting anything.

 

 

Pine tar game.

  • Author

The protest is disallowed.

 

Final.

I wonder if this would have been the call had it been a game with only 4 umpires. The added OF umpire made the call.

I wonder if this would have been the call had it been a game with only 4 umpires. The added OF umpire made the call.

 

Aren't they having extended replay for the post season for plays fair or foul down the line? If so, is there still the need for the 2 extra umpires?

Rule wise, it was the correct call but I don't know how they call it 225 ft from the plate.

 

No kidding. If the short stop runs out to the warning track, I guess you could have an infield fly.:rolleyes:

 

I agree this wasn't what decided the game, but still, it was a really bad call. JMO.

I would've gone nuts if it was made that late. How in the hell, with 6 umpires, did it take so long to call infield fly?

 

I guess the stadium didn't blow up with both teams in it. Unfortunate.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.