Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cardinals 6 Braves 3

Featured Replies

I would've gone nuts if it was made that late. How in the hell, with 6 umpires, did it take so long to call infield fly?

 

I guess the stadium didn't blow up with both teams in it. Unfortunate.

 

It was a very late call. Fortunately, the lateness had no impact on the play.

  • Replies 105
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was a very late call. Fortunately, the lateness had no impact on the play.

 

Lateness means two things, I'm not sure or I'm not paying attention. Either way, with 6 guys it's inexcusable.

  • Author
I guess the stadium didn't blow up with both teams in it. Unfortunate.

Considering the past 20 years, I can understand that you would think that that's the only way the Reds could make it to the World Series.

Considering the past 20 years, I can understand that you would think that that's the only way the Reds could make it to the World Series.

 

Cardinal fan...whining about a joke.

Lateness means two things, I'm not sure or I'm not paying attention. Either way, with 6 guys it's inexcusable.

 

It's only the call of 2 umpires in that 6-man crew.

You sure? Pop up 50' down the 3rd base line shouldn't be called by that guy.

You guys didn't say it was Morehead, Ky's Sam Holbrook that made the call. Of course he got the call right. :D

  • Author
Cardinal fan...whining about a joke.
I took the joke, & came back at you. Now you're getting all huffy.

 

I guess certain Red's fans can make jokes, but can't take them.

Eastern KY, illegal prescription drug capitol of the US. Ironically, more MLB umpires per-capita than any area in the US.

 

And here we are.......

You made a joke, but can't take a dig back at you.

 

Darlin', I took the joke, & came back at you. Now you're getting all huffy.

 

Your joke was personal. You laughed at the mediocrity of the Reds over the last 20 years. I just wanted both teams to die.

 

You're mean.

You sure? Pop up 50' down the 3rd base line shouldn't be called by that guy.

 

I'm not sure what you're saying. 6 umps. Flyball/popup to short left. The only 2 who I can see making the call would be 3rd and LF.

I'm not sure what you're saying. 6 umps. Flyball/popup to short left. The only 2 who I can see making the call would be 3rd and LF.

 

2B could call it too. As much as umpires talk about angles they were probably waiting on the 2B ump to call it. On balls in the air they don't look at the closest but who has the best angle. Their rotations suck.

 

Shouldn't have been called at all. If you have to wait that long it clearly isn't normal effort.

Anyone else notice that the ball landed about six feet from where the SS had originally set up to make the catch prior to pealing away.

2B could call it too. As much as umpires talk about angles they were probably waiting on the 2B ump to call it. On balls in the air they don't look at the closest but who has the best angle. Their rotations suck.

 

Shouldn't have been called at all. If you have to wait that long it clearly isn't normal effort.

 

Where was the 2nd base ump? He's not going to call it with 2 other guys right there.

 

I disagree on the "normal effort." SS was under it with ease until he bailed.

 

Where was the 2nd base ump? He's not going to call it with 2 other guys right there.

 

I disagree on the "normal effort." SS was under it with ease until he bailed.

 

Was it the late call by the umpire that confused the SS, possibly making him think it was the LF calling him off, and causing him to bail?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.