Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cardinals 6 Braves 3

Featured Replies

Where was the 2nd base ump? He's not going to call it with 2 other guys right there.

 

I disagree on the "normal effort." SS was under it with ease until he bailed.

 

Still cruising is backward is not normal effort, IMO. That's supported by the fact that the SS thought the left fielder was going to make the catch. He never stopped his momentum. And, the reason he called it so late is because it wasn't normal effort. Normal effort would've been easy to call.

  • Replies 105
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Your joke was personal. You laughed at the mediocrity of the Reds over the last 20 years. I just wanted both teams to die.

 

You're mean.

 

You're hilarious! "I just wanted both teams to die."

 

But I'm the mean one.

 

:lol: :lol: Bwahahaha!!

Although I'm extremely disappointed with the way the fame ended and the blown call the Braves should have never been in that position. They were in control of the game and let 3 errors beat them. The umpires did not lose the game the defense did.

 

Hats off to Chipper on a wonderful career you will be missed by all of baseball. Hopefully braves can rebound with a strong offseason and compete next year.

  • Author
Although I'm extremely disappointed with the way the fame ended and the blown call the Braves should have never been in that position. They were in control of the game and let 3 errors beat them. The umpires did not lose the game the defense did.

 

Hats off to Chipper on a wonderful career you will be missed by all of baseball. Hopefully braves can rebound with a strong offseason and compete next year.

I agree that Chipper is a class act. Good luck next year. I always viewed the Braves as the team to beat in the National League.

Chipper has been a stud for a long time. Love his swing.

The WLBs went champagne bath, printed Wild Card Champs shirts and chanted Infield Fly Rule in the clubhouse??? :lol:

The WLBs went champagne bath, printed Wild Card Champs shirts and chanted Infield Fly Rule in the clubhouse??? :lol:

 

Seemed a bit over the top.

I guess as a Braves fan I'm pretty biased, but I'm not sure how anyone can consider that call the correct call.

 

It wasn't what lost the game for the Braves. I didn't get to watch live because of work, but obviously when you have 3 errors its hard to win. With that said, the call was absolutely wrong IMO.

"When it seems apparent that a batted ball will be an Infield Fly, the umpire shall immediately declare “Infield Fly” for the benefit of the runners."

 

Not only was it not an "infield fly" the umpire called it extremely late.

I guess as a Braves fan I'm pretty biased, but I'm not sure how anyone can consider that call the correct call.

 

.

 

When you run back and camp under the ball it's "ordinary effort" which is the only requirement for the IFF.

 

When you run back and camp under the ball it's "ordinary effort" which is the only requirement for the IFF.

 

How was he camping under the ball if he never even made it to where it landed?

"When it seems apparent that a batted ball will be an Infield Fly, the umpire shall immediately declare “Infield Fly” for the benefit of the runners."

 

Not only was it not an "infield fly" the umpire called it extremely late.

 

Incorrect. The umpire has to make a decision. He has to see what type of effort it takes to get to the point of being able to catch the ball. Umpires are taught to be sure before they call it. Once the SS put his hand out to wave off the LFer and stopped running the umpire then raised his hand because he was able to determine the level of effort.

 

There is no speed requirement for making the call. If the runners are not watching for his signal and then reacting accordingly that's on them.

 

Hate the rule all you want. Say provisions need to be added. However, don't say it wasn't enforced properly based on the judgment of the umpire.

How was he camping under the ball if he never even made it to where it landed?

 

He made it. He bailed out when he thought he heard the LFer which all infielders are taught to do.

 

He made it. He bailed out when he thought he heard the LFer which all infielders are taught to do.

 

Incorrect. Watch it again. He never camped under the ball. He moved back until he either heard the outfielder or realized he wouldn't make it. But you and I definitely have a different definition of camping if you think he camped under that ball.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.