Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cardinals 6 Braves 3

Featured Replies

 

You give errors on balls that should have been caught without extraordinary effort ie a dive. The guy was setting up to put his glove up until he heard something. He was where he was supposed to be to catch the ball ie ordinary effort.

 

He never even made it where the ball landed Clyde.

  • Replies 105
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Braves: 3 errors

 

'Nuff said.

 

While I do agree to a point, it is pretty darn difficult to outhit an opponent 12 to 6 and lose 6-3. I think the more telling stat is runners LOB: Atlanta 12, St. Louis 2. Ouch.

He never even made it where the ball landed Clyde.

 

Incorrect. He wasn't where the ball landed after he ran forward. He was going to catch that ball if he didn't bail.

Gents, I'm off to bed. Thanks for the banter. I love a good rules debate.

 

Incorrect. He wasn't where the ball landed after he ran forward. He was going to catch that ball if he didn't bail.

 

How can you say that for sure? Why did the outfielder call him off if he had an easy catch?

How can you say that for sure? Why did the outfielder call him off if he had an easy catch?

 

One more before I nod off.

 

Holiday said he didn't call him off. He's not sure what the SS heard. He said he backed off when it became apparent the SS was going to get it.

 

One more before I nod off.

 

Holiday said he didn't call him off. He's not sure what the SS heard. He said he backed off when it became apparent the SS was going to get it.

 

The SS probably backed off because he realized he couldn't make the catch.

 

The SS probably backed off because he realized he couldn't make the catch.

 

The SS could have easily made the catch. I still say it was the umpire making the infield fly call that confused him, thinking it was the LF calling him off, that made him bail.

The last part of the rule says, "The decision should be made immediately". I can live with the infield fly call on that particular play. The late call, IMO, means you aren't sure. The Chicago play, which was very similar, was made MUCH earlier.

I can see why the ump called the infield fly and probably technically it was the correct call.

 

The best argument to be made from the Braves perspective is this . . . if the play happened the same way but the ump didn't call it an infield fly, would Matheny have gone out to argue it should have been an infield fly?

 

No, he wouldn't have.

I can see why the ump called the infield fly and probably technically it was the correct call.

 

The best argument to be made from the Braves perspective is this . . . if the play happened the same way but the ump didn't call it an infield fly, would Matheny have gone out to argue it should have been an infield fly?

 

No, he wouldn't have.

 

 

I can agree with that.

IMO this call is 10 times worse than the Monday Night debacle in the NFL last week.

 

No way. This call didn't decide the winner of the game.

The SS probably backed off because he realized he couldn't make the catch.

 

His body language said otherwise.

The last part of the rule says, "The decision should be made immediately". I.

 

It doesn't say that.

 

It says immediately once it's been determined.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.