Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity 24 Indianapolis Cathedral (IN) 16

Featured Replies

Final. That team from Kentucky is still beating the best our bordering states have to offer.

 

7 tackles, 4 sacks and 1 caused fumble for Hatcher.

 

8 receptions, 162 yards and 1 td for Quick.

 

Wright had over 300 yards passing if I am not mistaken

 

 

Never got Dawkins stats but he did have a 40 yard td run to make it 17-10 Trinity.

I do wish the ESPN announcers would learn the high school rules...A high school QB can not chuck the ball into the stands without a penalty.

Congrats to Trinity on a great win tonight on the road. After the SK vs Ryle game little brother and I headed back to the Bdubs in Independence and I made asked them to turn on ESPN2 so we could watch.

 

Quick is a stud, wish I would've DVR'd the game so I could've seen more of him but I completely forgot. I Dawkins was a little smaller than I expected but he also seemed a bit more explosive than I had expected as well. Hatcher is a manchild. Trinity does have some weakness's but not any thing I think too many(if any) teams from KY will be able to expose. Was great getting to watch them live on ESPN2 and I heard people talking about it at the game as well. Can't wait to see them when they head north to play Moeller definitely looking forward to that game.

 

Congrats Trinity on a great road win and way to represent KY football.

I do wish the ESPN announcers would learn the high school rules...A high school QB can not chuck the ball into the stands without a penalty.

 

Lots of high school fans think NFL rules apply to the high school game.

  • Author

Quick is fun to watch. That screen pass was sick. Sick. Sick. I'd love to watch him and Timmons race.

Quick is fun to watch. That screen pass was sick. Sick. Sick. I'd love to watch him and Timmons race.

 

I thought he had afterburners kick in on the long run down the sidelines late. Or another gear kicked in or pick the cliche' that fits. But he did accelerate away from the defenders. Impressive in HD.

Too many penalties, 2 rare pics thrown and some dropped balls.... still the Rocks find a way to win. Hope the lineman that went down is OK, otherwise the Rocks may be darn near healthy next week. Anyone that thinks the Indy offense was "bad" is sadly mistaken.

Finally, did anyone count how many times we learned about Dawkins relatives!!! ha ha ha. Nice win Rocks, on to district play!

  • Author

Cincinnati St. Xavier defeated Moeller 49-21 tonight I believe.

Cincinnati St. Xavier defeated Moeller 49-21 tonight I believe.

 

They did.

Cincinnati St. Xavier defeated Moeller 49-21 tonight I believe.

 

They did.

 

Holy CRUD, I hadn't heard this. My buddy at work is going to be bragging tomorrow. Wonder whether or not Cinc X's win will help Trinity in the rankings or not. I would think it has to at this point any ways.

Random thoughts after watching the game on ESPN2:

 

Gut feeling but I think Trinity was better last year.

Dawkins had a nice game.

Trinity does a good job spreading the ball around on offense.

I did think the Trinity QB had an average game but Cathedral did a good job pressuring him.

Cathedral is a really well coached and a kick tail high school football team.

Hatcher is a manchild but he doesn't always give 100%. Anyone that DVRed the game I challenge you to watch him on every play and disagree with me. I was really disappointed in his lack of motor at times but again when he gave 100% he was a man among boys.

Cincy X beating Moeller just means Cincy X and Colerain are really really good. And, Moeller will still be a legit threat to beat the Rocks.

ESPN definitely was not using their top announcers and camera operators but overall having a high school game in HD is awesome!

Quick is fun to watch. That screen pass was sick. Sick. Sick. I'd love to watch him and Timmons race.

 

The blocking was phenomenal. #59 and #74 along with #19 cleaned up everything and Quick put on the jets.

Random thoughts after watching the game on ESPN2:

 

Gut feeling but I think Trinity was better last year.

Dawkins had a nice game.

Trinity does a good job spreading the ball around on offense.

I did think the Trinity QB had an average game but Cathedral did a good job pressuring him.

Cathedral is a really well coached and a kick tail high school football team.

Hatcher is a manchild but he doesn't always give 100%. Anyone that DVRed the game I challenge you to watch him on every play and disagree with me. I was really disappointed in his lack of motor at times but again when he gave 100% he was a man among boys.

Cincy X beating Moeller just means Cincy X and Colerain are really really good. And, Moeller will still be a legit threat to beat the Rocks.

ESPN definitely was not using their top announcers and camera operators but overall having a high school game in HD is awesome!

 

I didn't watch every play but I agree that when he goes all out you are going to lose. The hit in the first half on the Cathedral QB was NFL films quality. He totally decleated the QB. The Cathedral T had no chance tonight.

  • Author

I'm not disagreeing with the opinions of Hatcher. It is mind boggling to think he had 7 tackles, 4 sacks and 1 caused fumble and didn't seem to play hard the whole game. :lol:

 

I swear the same things were said about Lamar Dawson at one time.

 

"Imagine if he played hard every play........."

I don't know if Dawkins is completely recovered from his high ankle sprain. On some plays it looked he didn't quite has have his usual burst, especially when T's blockers missed the edge man closing down. Bonnafon dropped a sure TD pass from Wright. I thought Wright could have made some better decisions in terms of going ahead and running the ball and throwing to a different receiver. All in all, he played a good game, though (307 yards passing). It was nice to get Trey Wright (DB) back from injury. He brings some stability to the secondary. The LB's are making mental mistakes in pass coverage. The run defense continues to be stout. I'm glad to get this one in the books. I think it is now 30 in a row for Trinity.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.