Sobering statistic

Michael Corleone

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Year to date there have been more deaths by abortion than by cancer, AIDS, smoking, suicide, car accidents, and malaria combined.

The other side doesn't consider the fetus a person so therefore they don't consider it a death.

Totally tragic in my book-now where can those women get those free birth control pills? They have other medical uses besides that you know-in my best sarcastic voice.

When they see a pregnant woman, how many from the other side ask them "when is your fetus due?"? Or "do you know the sex of your embryo?"
Yes that is a joke and not a funny one. To me our Supreme Court has made some very poor decisions and that is at the top of the list. I fear if Obama wins this election-that Obamacare will be another.

Strange sometimes how the smartest people can outsmart themselves.

Playing Devil's Advocate here: If abortion were illegal worldwide how long would it take for the human population to reach the point that the earth could not support it? How high would the number of children living in poverty go? How long before a country such as China used up all of its room and had to forcibly annex more? A lot of these unwanted pregnancies lead to unwanted children. If the parents were forced to have these babies do you really think that they would be cared for properly? Would it make you feel better if these pregnancies were forced to be carried to term and then the babies died of malnutrition and disease?

Playing Devil's Advocate here: If abortion were illegal worldwide how long would it take for the human population to reach the point that the earth could not support it? How high would the number of children living in poverty go? How long before a country such as China used up all of its room and had to forcibly annex more? A lot of these unwanted pregnancies lead to unwanted children. If the parents were forced to have these babies do you really think that they would be cared for properly? Would it make you feel better if these pregnancies were forced to be carried to term and then the babies died of malnutrition and disease?

I know you are playing Devils Advocate....so not directed at you...but I wish human beings would take responsibility for their actions!!

I have no idea. On the other hand, maybe one of the aborted children could answer all of these questions if they were allowed to live.

I have no idea. On the other hand, maybe one of the aborted children could answer all of these questions if they were allowed to live.

Agreed. Who is to say that we haven't aborted the scientist to cure cancer, or AIDS, or malaria along with the millions upon millions of other lives that we have destroyed before they were born?

Politics for me can be boiled down to this issue alone. Call it closed-mindedness, call it whatever, but if the candidate supports abortion, I can't in good conscience support that candidate. So, elimination of candidates is easy for me at first.

How many womens' lives have been saved by having access to legal abortions being performed by a medical doctor in a sterile setting rather than some back alley or makeshift setting that is filthy. Or because they used a coat hanger or some other ridiculous object or were left to bleed to death.