Memorable 10th Region Games

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2002 Region Final between Bourbon Co. and Mason Co. was a great one as well in a packed Mason Co. gym. Preston LeMaster and Chris Lofton. Anyone remember this one?

Mason beat Montgomery in the final in 2002. The Bourbon game was in the semis. Great game nonetheless.

2004 District Tournament matchup between Augusta and Deming, everyone had us beaten by 18 or so, but Coach Massey and the boys pulled one out during that time. Also had some memories aganst Bracken Co. Plus the upset over Brossart in Class A tournament at Nicholas County.

• 2 weeks later...
2004 District Tournament matchup between Augusta and Deming, everyone had us beaten by 18 or so, but Coach Massey and the boys pulled one out during that time. Also had some memories aganst Bracken Co. Plus the upset over Brossart in Class A tournament at Nicholas County.

As was Brossart's upset of Deming in the 2011 "A" Finals at NKU.

1989, Bourbon and GRC. Down to the wire in regional championship game. Bourbon had D. Hamilton, C. Williams. GRC had D. Gay, R Fulks and another big guy inside. Pack gym at Mason Co Fieldhouse, great atmosphere great game.

I still think Corey Williams is one of the Top 5 players in the 10th Region EVER.

Randy,

If I remember the picture of Hornsby in the Ledger it was him in mid-air with the ball just out of his hand and scoreboard in the background (maybe). It was without a doubt a great game.

Also, Corey Williams still remains one of the best high school players I have ever seen.

Randy,

If I remember the picture of Hornsby in the Ledger it was him in mid-air with the ball just out of his hand and scoreboard in the background (maybe). It was without a doubt a great game.

That is exactly right. He was on the left baseline on the end of the floor that is in front of the stage.

Anyone remember any details of regional tourney game, I believe in 84', between Maysville and Clark Co. I think Maysville had George Hord, Lath Kirk, Greg Black and others. Clark had Keith Jordan.

Maysville won the game, which was an upset.

That's a name I haven't heard in a LONG time.

• 4 months later...

2011 38th district finals. Pendleton was down 21 with 5 minutes to go. Mason Monroe took over the game and Gabe Antrobus hit a three at thebuzzer to give PC the win. Great ending. That team would go on to upset Montgomery and Mason Co before falling to GRC in the finals. Anyone who was there will never forget the Miracle on the Hilltop.