Memorable 10th Region Games

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One that sticks out for me involves my beloved Polar Bears. Tim Hornsby hit a baseline jumper with just a few seconds remaining, leading Bracken County to a 1st Round 10th Region tourney victory over Mason County.

Speaking of pleasant memories, I know going back a few years, maybe mid 80's, BC had a victory over MC, but didnt they have another one close to that 89' team?

Speaking of pleasant memories, I know going back a few years, maybe mid 80's, BC had a victory over MC, but didnt they have another one close to that 89' team?

Possible. I remember 1989 pretty vividly because I remember where I was sitting. I even remember the picture & article in the Ledger the next day. It was a big deal for us.

Regarding Mason County's 1989 team...were those Brian Simpson & Brian Tolliver years?

By the way, no disrespect to MC, they obviously have had and continue to have a very successful program.

The 2005 Pendleton County-Brossart first round district game @ Bracken County? Set up by the district non-seeding, ended up pitting arguably the two best teams in the region that season in a first round district game. PC prevailed in a barn burner that was every bit as tension filled as the regional final it could/shoiuld have been.

The 2005 Pendleton County-Brossart first round district game @ Bracken County? Set up by the district non-seeding, ended up pitting arguably the two best teams in the region that season in a first round district game. PC prevailed in a barn burner that was every bit as tension filled as the regional final it could/shoiuld have been.

That was the same night as UK's senior night (Chuck Hayes senior year). I was in Rupp for the UK game, but was getting updates from a good friend. I remember him saying the line to get in the gym wrapped around the building. Crazy!

That was the same night as UK's senior night (Chuck Hayes senior year). I was in Rupp for the UK game, but was getting updates from a good friend. I remember him saying the line to get in the gym wrapped around the building. Crazy!

It was a long-long line and a cold-cold night! Warm if you made the gym though. :D