Memorable 10th Region Games

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One that sticks out for me involves my beloved Polar Bears. Tim Hornsby hit a baseline jumper with just a few seconds remaining, leading Bracken County to a 1st Round 10th Region tourney victory over Mason County. The year was 1989 & was the last time the Polar Bears won a Regional Tournament game. Bracken lost in the semi-finals to eventual champion GRC.

Michael Jefferson with the bomb at halftime as well I believe! Was Hornsby the tallest Polar Bear player in school history?

Also because Bracken County was involved, the 1992 Class A Finals between the Polar Bears & heavily favored Nicholas County. The Ice Palace was rocking that night, as Mark Tucker & company scored the big upset over Daniel Brown & company.

Also, I remember Paris vs. Harrison County in the opening round of the District Tournament. It was Jerry Fogle's senior year & Harrison ended up pulling away a bit. But for most of the game, it was nip-and-tuck.

Also because Bracken County was involved, the 1992 Class A Finals between the Polar Bears & heavily favored Nicholas County. The Ice Palace was rocking that night, as Mark Tucker & company scored the big upset over Daniel Brown & company.

Also, I remember Paris vs. Harrison County in the opening round of the District Tournament. It was Jerry Fogle's senior year & Harrison ended up pulling away a bit. But for most of the game, it was nip-and-tuck.

Was this around same time that Nicholas met Mason in region finals?