Memorable 10th Region Games

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1995 10th Region Final... Montgomery over Mason in Double OT. Billy Ray fawns with clutch shots at the end of regulation and each OT.

Maysville's last game vs. Harrison (1991?)

I have a bunch more, but I'll let others list some first

1995 10th Region Final... Montgomery over Mason in Double OT. Billy Ray fawns with clutch shots at the end of regulation and each OT.

Maysville's last game vs. Harrison (1991?)

I have a bunch more, but I'll let others list some first

I think that was either 93 or 94. Harrison Co. beat Tollesboro in their last game ever in the semis as well as Maysville in the finals. Jerry Fogle was a stud that game for the Breds!

I think that was either 93 or 94. Harrison Co. beat Tollesboro in their last game ever in the semis as well as Maysville in the finals. Jerry Fogle was a stud that game for the Breds!

I graduated in 1994... They were consolidated by then.

Fogle hit a half court dagger in one of those games.

Maysville's last year was 1991, Tollesboro's was 1993.

The Maysville/Tollesboro district game in 1991 was an amazing game.

1991 was the year Harrison beat Tollesboro in the semis and Maysville in the finals. I can remember Johnny Mac Dawson and Chris Harrisonchaving their own little 3 point shooting contest in the semis. I think Dawson ended up with 38 and Harrison ended up with 36. Fun game.

Anyone remember any details of regional tourney game, I believe in 84', between Maysville and Clark Co. I think Maysville had George Hord, Lath Kirk, Greg Black and others. Clark had Keith Jordan.

Maysville won the game, which was an upset.

Preston hit a buzzer- beater to end the 3rd,right?

Yes. Here is a quote from a article I found:

Miller continued his domination in the second half and it appeared he had the Royals in great position headed into the final quarter as they led 41-37, but Preston Knowles sank a 30-foot shot at the buzzer of the third period to pull George Rogers Clark back in the game.

The fourth quarter began with Miller and Knowles continuing to hit big shot after big shot to trade leads before Knowles completely took over with the score tied at 49-all. He forced a turnover on Mason County's Russ Middleton and then nailed a 3-pointer on the next play and went on a string of steals, assists, big shots, and free throws to seal the game. Although Mason County kept it close, George Rogers Clark never trailed again. The final score was George Rogers Clark 63, Mason County 59.

10th Region Championship - HoopsReport.Com

One that sticks out for me involves my beloved Polar Bears. Tim Hornsby hit a baseline jumper with just a few seconds remaining, leading Bracken County to a 1st Round 10th Region tourney victory over Mason County. The year was 1989 & was the last time the Polar Bears won a Regional Tournament game. Bracken lost in the semi-finals to eventual champion GRC.