Benchmark Bourbon

theguru

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually stopped by the liquor store tonight and meant to try some, but they didn't have it in stock. Still plan to check it out though.

Who does it sit next to on the shelf. I've been purchasing the same thing for about the past 5 years, rarely even look at what else is on the same shelf.

I've had someone else recommend it. Does your buddy drink it neat or on the rocks? Old Forrester has been my house bourbon for quite some time but if this is cheaper I'd definitely like to give it a shot to occupy a place on the shelf. Either way I'd be interested to try it.

Always have a bottle of Old Forester on the shelf.

I'm with the guys above, but I've never even heard of it. My friends are beer drinkers so I don't get many recommendations for bourbon to begin with; I'm really curious about this one.

I've had someone else recommend it. Does your buddy drink it neat or on the rocks? Old Forrester has been my house bourbon for quite some time but if this is cheaper I'd definitely like to give it a shot to occupy a place on the shelf. Either way I'd be interested to try it.

Usually on the rocks, mixed with a little Coke or Dr. Pepper.

I have seen nights though where they had a few glasses straight, no ice, no mixer, no chaser. So must be fairly smooth, but then again I've never tried it.

I don't care for it. It is too sweet for me. I think it is adequate as a cocktail mixer with Coke or ginger ale, but do not prefer it as a general house sippin' whiskey. Much prefer Blanton's or Evan Williams.

Will confess some bias and Bardstown bourbon snobbery on this issue.

I don't care for it. It is too sweet for me. I think it is adequate as a cocktail mixer with Coke or ginger ale, but do not prefer it as a general house sippin' whiskey. Much prefer Blanton's or Evan Williams.

Blanton's is made in Bardstown? I thought it was a Buffalo Trace brand which I think is in Frankfort???????

Never heard of it, Ru.

By the way, anyone else get a chuckle of all the BS that is written in the reviews about the flavors and aromas?

Join me for some of the weeklong tastings at the Bourbon Festival next month, and you can get your fill of bourbon-flavored bull puckey.

I like sweet which is why it appeals to me. I think it is similar to Jim.