Benchmark Bourbon

theguru

I always have at least 3 bottles of bourbon in my liquor cabinet: Blanton's, Basil Hayden, and Jim Beam (4 year is fine by me as a cheapie, but I prefer the 7). ...right now I've got 7 bottles if you add the Eagle Rare, Evan Williams Single Barrel, Elijah Craig Small Batch, and Four Roses Single Barrel.

I try to change up the "additionals" that I keep. I like Booker's a good deal, and Buffalo Trace works it's way into my cabinet somewhat frequently. I think Bulleit Rye is an interesting change up if people want to try something different - it's not one of the crazy expensive small batch ryes, but it will give you a good idea of what a rye whiskey should taste like in my opinion. 1792 is kind of overpriced for what you're getting, if you ask me. Give me Buffalo Trace any day over 1792.

I have had Eagle Rare, that was a good bourbon, may have to grab a bottle whenever my next trip is. Haven't been bourbon shopping in almost a year. Elijah Craig is a one I keep hearing good things about, may have to give it a try.

Like I mentioned in my reply to LN, it is funny the differences in preferences in bourbon. You dislike 1792 yet I really like it and the people who got me to try it say they will hold it next to any of the super premium bourbons. lol.

I agree with you about Buffalo Trace, very smooth bourbon. Whenever I try to refine my barbarian friends who mix bourbon with soft drinks, I generally start them with Buffalo Trace on ice with a little water to soften it up for their uncultured palate. Buffalo Trace has helped me civilize several heathens.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images