Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

These refs SUCK

Featured Replies

How much would that be? How many days would they work including preseason, regular season and playoffs? I would think that most of the officials are already white collar workers already making more than 6 figures.

 

I can't give a monetary figure. I don't know. All I know is the NFL and the people in charge are the most hypocritical people in the world.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have to sit down and do the math and don't have time right now. Short answer is they should be paid very well. As we are seeing much like the NFL players the officials are in a league of their own too. Enough to defiantly make it where they won't want their other jobs.

Stated on ESPN radio this morning that the NFL wants to make these full time jobs. The union does not. Top referees make 200,000 a year. Junior refs pull down 50-60 gs. They are haggling over a little over 3 million dollars. Dollar wise, I wouldn't think thats the sticking point for the NFL.

Stated on ESPN radio this morning that the NFL wants to make these full time jobs. The union does not. Top referees make 200,000 a year. Junior refs pull down 50-60 gs. They are haggling over a little over 3 million dollars. Dollar wise, I wouldn't think thats the sticking point for the NFL.

 

 

I'm confused. Why doesn't the union what the jobs to be full time jobs? Why wouldn't that be better for them?

I'm confused. Why doesn't the union what the jobs to be full time jobs? Why wouldn't that be better for them?

 

The guy on ESPN said the refs want to keep their full time jobs and stay part time with the NFL. Doesn't make much sense to me either. I can't remember the guys name that did the report. They said he was ESPN's NFL Business analyst??

All women officiating crews could do the job the same as these guys.

All women officiating crews could do the job the same as these guys.

 

You really do not have a clue about officiating and your statement alone shows your a sexist.

veteran NFL officials make enough off of the NFL to live comfortablly and support a stay at home mom. Most of these officials likewise have jobs that allow them to be gone 2-3 days a week or more (if needed) i.e. Lawyers, doctors self-employed etc. Officials want to keep thier current pension plan plus they want a raise, due to the fact that they will be held partially responsible when a player has a concussion and stays in the game. They are in fact being asked to be on the field doctors and officials. I can't blame them with all the lawsuits going on these days. The owners don't want the officials to keep thier pension seeing as how they are classified part time, and the owners own part time employees do not have a pension plan in place. I side with the officials on this one.

 

Speaking of officials i can't help but notice the vast difference in physical shape of the replacement refs vs. the regular officials.

Pretty good showing by the refs. They are using their best few crews on the biggest games which makes total sense. Some of the crews on the 1 o'clock Sunday games will be the really bad ones and the ones to keep an eye on.

Pretty good showing by the refs. They are using their best few crews on the biggest games which makes total sense. Some of the crews on the 1 o'clock Sunday games will be the really bad ones and the ones to keep an eye on.

 

Completely agree. That is why I am happy the Bengals are on Monday night this week, because they should at least get one of the better replacement crews. Last night the replacements did a pretty good job, and they probably missed the same amount of calls that the normal refs miss in a game anyways. Good showing by them, and helps the NFL in their negotiations.

At least one Giant Defensive player said they were held more than they should have been. I'm sure there will be a lot of guys trying to hold a lot more on the lines.

At least one Giant Defensive player said they were held more than they should have been. I'm sure there will be a lot of guys trying to hold a lot more on the lines.

 

There were a lot of non-calls last night.

No big deal to give a team 4 time outs right?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.