Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

These refs SUCK

Featured Replies

These replacement refs are horrible. Watching the Ravens vs. Lions game and there have been multiple bad spots, and refs messing up on first downs, etc.

 

I have heard this from other games going on the last couple of weeks as well.

 

Clayton says the NFL has the leverage right now but I would venture to say the refs have the leverage. The worse the refs are the bigger the problem the nfl has.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These replacement refs are horrible. Watching the Ravens vs. Lions game and there have been multiple bad spots, and refs messing up on first downs, etc.

 

I have heard this from other games going on the last couple of weeks as well.

 

Clayton says the NFL has the leverage right now but I would venture to say the refs have the leverage. The worse the refs are the bigger the problem the nfl has.

 

Really? You think people won't watch the NFL because the officiating is bad? Whatever you do, don't hold your breath.

  • Author

 

Really? You think people won't watch the NFL because the officiating is bad? Whatever you do, don't hold your breath.

 

Didn't say people wouldn't watch but it will have a big affect on the game. How could it not? If it starts affecting the outcomes of games then it'll escalate into a bigger problem, then you will see some angry fans.

 

If I'm a fan an in shelling lit money to go to the game then I want to get the best I can get, refs included. If these guys can't get spots right and calling the wrong players or even teams then yes you will see some fan backlash.

The refs are terrible. But the refs before these refs were terrible as well and they had no excuse.

The refs are terrible. But the refs before these refs were terrible as well and they had no excuse.

 

Amen:thumb: I never understood how some of these hacks keep their jobs.

 

Amen:thumb: I never understood how some of these hacks keep their jobs.

 

I don't know much about the NFL ref process...but it seems like I heard that NFL refs are not even full time employees. That should change. They need to pay them well enough that they do nothing but ref and train/learn about reffing. :lol:

What I find most odd is how I can tell these aren't real NFL refs just by looking at them. It's like they all got uniforms two sizes too big or something. They all look very strange running around the field (the one's I've seen anyways).

I don't know much about the NFL ref process...but it seems like I heard that NFL refs are not even full time employees. That should change. They need to pay them well enough that they do nothing but ref and train/learn about reffing. :lol:

 

I'm not sure either. One thing I would like to see, is to have them in the post game pressers getting drilled on mistakes, just like the players and coaches do.

I agree with HB, I think they should be similar to NBA officials.

I've backed Roger G a good bit but to me this shows that his motive is not to protect the players. The refs are TERRIBLE however I don't blame them one bit. They need full time refs. The other guys have worked their way up the ranks but still work other jobs. The replacement refs aren't even the second tier refs for multiple reasons. One the refs union have a stronghold over the top college conferences that have blocked a lot of them from moving up. The conferences have said you aren't riding the fence. You leave they come back you aren't getting a job back in the big conferences. Now you have even worse refs. Add to that you are talking about taking guys that aren't used to calling big college ball games at that speed much less the NFL speed which is a huge difference! I would love to see the commish get called out about how he can say they are protecting player safety by taking low grade refs.

I agree with HB, I think they should be similar to NBA officials.

I can see both sides. The big dofference being is that an NFL referee only does 15 regular season games a year. Does that warant a salary that an NBA ref is pulling down annually? I don't even think we bring MLB into the conversation.

For those of you that believe the NFL needs full time refs. What do you believe their salaries should be?

For those of you that believe the NFL needs full time refs. What do you believe their salaries should be?

 

Enough to make it so they don't need other jobs. This is a multi-billion dollar operation and the NFL is using guys who last worked the lingerie league. It's a joke that the NFL has put a gag order on owners, GM's and coaches for this issue.

Enough to make it so they don't need other jobs. This is a multi-billion dollar operation and the NFL is using guys who last worked the lingerie league. It's a joke that the NFL has put a gag order on owners, GM's and coaches for this issue.

 

 

How much would that be? How many days would they work including preseason, regular season and playoffs? I would think that most of the officials are already white collar workers already making more than 6 figures.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.