Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jordan Shipley waived/Awarded to the Bucs on waivers

Featured Replies

They’ve got a stable of solid young guys. Think about this, Shipley is/was the oldest WR in the whole group. Wiley old 3 year vet Brandon Tate is now the oldest, other than that it’s all first and second year guys.

 

Andrew Hawkins has performed in Shipley’s absence, so Shipley becomes expendable.

 

Depending on how many guys they keep, I think it ends up like this:

 

WR1: 1. AJ Green (2nd year), 2. Marvin Jones (Rookie), 3. Andrew Hawkins (2nd year)

WR2: Brandon Tate (3rd year) / Mohamed Sanu (Rookie) / Armon Binns (2nd year)

 

It will be those 6 with Marvin Jones probably being not activated on game days to start the year. Binns probably will end up starting at the #2.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Practice squad?

 

If no other team picks him up I think they can sign him to the practice squad. However I have to think some team will pick him up. Even if he was fully healthy I think he has a hard time making the Bengals this year. Just not being completely healthy basically killed any chance though.

  • Author

Dallas is my bet. He'd be a good gamble there. Texas fans love him and they could use a slot.

I wish the injury didn't take place but the Bengals have a nice corp of young pass catchers. He'll get picked up eventually.

Dallas is my bet. He'd be a good gamble there. Texas fans love him and they could use a slot.

 

There or Houston would make sense, he would be a fan favorite for sure.

Shocked and disappointed. Seemed like he caught darn near everything thrown in his direction.

 

Me too! Wow, I had no clue...I had heard odds of recovery were slim (as far as retaining NFL ability), but I just ignored the comment thinking he would be back. Yet another good Bengal, with a bright future with a career altering injury. Sad.

Me too! Wow, I had no clue...I had heard odds of recovery were slim (as far as retaining NFL ability), but I just ignored the comment thinking he would be back. Yet another good Bengal, with a bright future with a career altering injury. Sad.

 

I think to many of you are putting him being mainly because of his injury. Shipley will eventually be back on an NFL team and probably do well. However even if Shipley was healthy he was going to have a hard time making this roster. Shipley even if 100% probably doesnt get his slot position back from Hawkins, and then with the other young guys on the roster who could play slot or outside. He was going to have a hard time making it. Him not being 100% yet didnt' help his chances, but he was going to have a tough time even if 100%. His career is not done because of the injury, his career is done in Cincy because of the other receivers on the roster.

Hawkins to his spot. I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns tried to get him or where ever McCoy ends up.

@AdamSchefter: Tampa Bay was awarded former Bengals WR Jordan Shipley on waivers today.

Great news. Shipley is a warrior. Great hands. Great routes. Great teammate.

Tampa was the only team that put a claim on him.

When the team that knows you best cuts you (and the player is not a problem child) that will keep most other teams away.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.