Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity/Highlands Scrimmage

Featured Replies

Will you be in attendance for this kick-off to the 2012 season?

 

What should each team take away from this match-up?

  • Replies 200
  • Views 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will you be in attendance for this kick-off to the 2012 season?

 

What should each team take away from this match-up?

 

Will be there.

 

HHS knows what they have on offense. Would not be surprised to see a couple of kids with nagging injuries sit this one out like a few did last year.

Defensively there are a lot of kids vying for playing time. This will be their chance to step forward and win the spot. I expect HHS to take a look at quite a few boys on the defensive side.

Sure am going to try to make this one since I have to miss the opening game.

I will stick with the what is to be taken from this scrimmage. I know most fans want to know who is the better team, but the coaching staffs have another agenda in mind. I said this last year and I will say it again. Watch the substitution patterns of both teams and you will see the real purpose of the scrimmage. Getting guys reps and getting them in certain situations, and repping plays regardless of situations.

It would be a lot easier to play this more like a game if the teams had two scrimmages, but neither does. Therefore they are left to answer certain questions for the season in this scrimmage. Again, watch the subs. Last year I saw Highlands use nine d lineman, eight linebackers, and eight different db's. Using the line as an example; three down lineman and nine used means that some of those guys are third string by definition.

I know we all want to know the score as fans, but I assure you that coaches Beatty and Mueller have another agenda.

Sure am going to try to make this one since I have to miss the opening game.

 

Ahh man...I just knew I'd run into you on the 17th.

I will stick with the what is to be taken from this scrimmage. I know most fans want to know who is the better team, but the coaching staffs have another agenda in mind. I said this last year and I will say it again. Watch the substitution patterns of both teams and you will see the real purpose of the scrimmage. Getting guys reps and getting them in certain situations, and repping plays regardless of situations.

It would be a lot easier to play this more like a game if the teams had two scrimmages, but neither does. Therefore they are left to answer certain questions for the season in this scrimmage. Again, watch the subs. Last year I saw Highlands use nine d lineman, eight linebackers, and eight different db's. Using the line as an example; three down lineman and nine used means that some of those guys are third string by definition.

I know we all want to know the score as fans, but I assure you that coaches Beatty and Mueller have another agenda.

 

Most people know what you are saying but the excitement of these two teams playing will never be contained even if it is a scrimmage. I'd love to be able to see this scrimmage of possible. Instead I'll be following the update thread. :D

 

It's Highlands/Trinity in a scrimmage. It is what it is.

  • Author
I'd love to be able to see this scrimmage if possible.

I wish you were going to be there too, because I'll be out of town for the Boyle Co. game the following week. :cry:
  • Author
I'm in.
Good, hopefully I'll see you there. I'll be the one passing out the running blades to all of our RB's. :cool:

I will be there. I assume both teams will use numerous subs, but there is supposed to be time for JV & freshmen at the end. If I remember correctly there is a 3 hr time limit to a scrimmage. I know there is an 8 man officiating crew working the game, so the refs will be subbing as well. There is a normal 5 man crew and 3 newer guys getting reps too.

I wish you were going to be there too, because I'll be out of town for the Boyle Co. game the following week. :cry:

 

Well dang, I just knew I'd finally meet you as well. Guess we'll have to aim for November.

Ahh man...I just knew I'd run into you on the 17th.

 

Me too but got to go camping with my sons who are scouts. We're all kind of bummed but we'll hope for a rematch. Enjoy your Yuengling.

T by as many has they want scrimmage or not.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.