You Win a Silver Medal...

stickymitts

It depends on my expectations of performance. If I should win gold and choke, probably not.

Also depends on circumstance. I can not imagine the 1972 men's basketball team from the US will ever except those silver medals.

In all likelihood, I would be happy to get silver. It is better than finishing 4th in an Olympic final.

The USA ladies that came in 2nd in synchronized dived were thrilled to get their silver. It had been a long drought for USA diving in the Olympics. The Italian women were stunning!! I agree with mcp...4th in the Olympics would be tough.

I know my example may be a little silly but I won a sliver medal in an open event in the Bluegrass Games and to this day I am ecstatic about it. Certainly a gold medal was the ultimate goal but I have always been so proud/satisfied with what I accomplished I have never felt like anything but a winner.

On a side note, I finished 4th in another open event and that one burns me up because I should have won the bronze. LOL

I know my example may be a little silly but I won a sliver medal in an open event in the Bluegrass Games and to this day I am ecstatic about it. Certainly a gold medal was the ultimate goal but I have always been so proud/satisfied with what I accomplished I have never felt like anything but a winner.

On a side note, I finished 4th in another open event and that one burns me up because I should have won the bronze. LOL

I had absolutely no clue that cheese sauce-eating was a recognized sport at the Bluegrass Games.

Sometimes the Olympians have an idea of where they should place. When they're not expected to medal and they end up in 2nd, there's a lot of excitement. When you're the gold favorite and you come up short, then expectations haven't been met...disappointment.

I had absolutely no clue that cheese sauce-eating was a recognized sport at the Bluegrass Games.

I am in the best shape of my life papa and if I wanna eat cheese sauce I can do it!

And for the record it was Table Tennis.