July 18, 201214 yr Author Rumors @MLBSportsReport: #Padres, #Reds have been in trade discussions. Pads would send OF Carlos Quentin to Reds for P Kyle Lotzkar Done
July 18, 201214 yr Author By the way Quentin missed two months due to surgery to repair a torn meniscus, and sat out yesterday due to a sore knee.
July 18, 201214 yr Cmon, Pierre hasnt been lucky where Stubbs hasnt...Pierre has as many walks as strikeouts I think its even with 13 a piece, he actually has an idea of the strikezone and makes more contact than anyone in baseball...With Pierre and Stubbs speed all you need to do is get wood on the ball and you have a legit chance to get on, Pierre can do it Stubbs cant thats hardly luck...Pierre has done it for over 10 Seasons... Its not hard to imagine Pierre maintaining a 70 point OBP advantage over Stubbs the rest of the way...Its actually not hard to imagine that by the end if the year it wont be closer to a 100 point OBP advantage for Pierre... Stubbs has always struck out a lot, and yet his OBP was within 10 points of Pierre's the last two seasons. 100 points, huh? Geez ... I'm through trying to explain this stuff.
July 18, 201214 yr Maybe we could have westsider call prospective teams and tell them how much upside he has.If I'm the Cubs, I trade Campana for him right now ...
July 18, 201214 yr Xavier Paul gets the call...According to Willie Harris twitter :lol: https://mobile.twitter.com/22DSGB/status/225462668939636737 Paul is the international leagues leading batter...He is a lefty with decent speed and a little pop...He has some Big league experience but hasnt been all that succesful...On the bright side maybe he has figured some things out or at least brings his hot bat with him for a few weeks not that it matters he probably wont get much PT...
July 18, 201214 yr SSC still hasn't let us know when the 3 days in a row, and now 4 of 5 will cause Chapman to struggle. I imagine he may be waiting till it happens, and then blame it on the 3 in a row. :lol: I mentioned it earlier on here actually. I'm not the one who didn't want him used two days in a row. The Reds were. When you understand that it will make things easier.
July 18, 201214 yr Author I mentioned it earlier on here actually. I'm not the one who didn't want him used two days in a row. The Reds were. When you understand that it will make things easier. Yet you were the one who blamed his 4 or 5 outing struggles on the Reds using him several days in a row, and you insinuated with the post below that it might just happen again because he was used 3 days in a row. Please explain that to me so things will be easier. Great weekend. Dusty did a wonderful job after filling out the lineup card. Homer came through big time late in the game and Chapman was awesome. As far as the Rolen backers that are now everywhere. The guy still is hitting below .200. Frazier has a 2nd best on the team .916 OPS in 183 AB's. Rolen is .574 in 137 AB's which is worse than even Stubbs. Not playing Frazier hurts the team. Rolen could fill a good role for the team. Starting most of the games at 3rd while Frazier sits in the dugout isn't the the role. As far as Chapman going 3 games in a row we'll see how he does this week. Him pitching back to back or 3 times in a row hasn't hurt him during those appearances as LRCW loves to throw out there. It does seem to slow him down the week or so after. Here's hoping to a few blowouts where his services aren't needed.
July 18, 201214 yr Author Xavier Paul gets the call...According to Willie Harris twitter :lol: https://mobile.twitter.com/22DSGB/status/225462668939636737 Paul is the international leagues leading batter...He is a lefty with decent speed and a little pop...He has some Big league experience but hasnt been all that succesful...On the bright side maybe he has figured some things out or at least brings his hot bat with him for a few weeks not that it matters he probably wont get much PT... Doesn't he have a pretty good arm too? It will be interesting to see how Dusty uses him. I'm sure Stubbs being on base 4 times over the past two games will be good enough for Dusty to keep running him out there for another 3-4 weeks. He does give the Reds a lefty off the bench, and that is probably what he will be used as primarily.
July 18, 201214 yr I don't understand the infatuation with Quentin. Is it his OBP? HRs? His most attractive statistic is that he is NOT Drew Stubbs.
July 18, 201214 yr His most attractive statistic is that he is NOT Drew Stubbs. Except Quentin wouldn't play CF...
July 18, 201214 yr Except Quentin wouldn't play CF... Heisey could play everyday in CF and Quentin could help fill a corner spot, when resting Ludwick and Bruce. The alternative is Stubbs going to CF while Heisey goes to a corner.
July 18, 201214 yr Yet you were the one who blamed his 4 or 5 outing struggles on the Reds using him several days in a row, and you insinuated with the post below that it might just happen again because he was used 3 days in a row. Please explain that to me so things will be easier. I didn't insinuate anything about this week. I said we'll see how he does now that he went 3 in a row. I insinuated that his struggles from before might have been he was overused. As far as the explanation goes: I want him used more than one day in a row. I'm fine with using him last night even though I don't think he was needed. The Reds for some reason protected him from being used back to backs before he was the closer. I didn't want him protected but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they had a good reason for that protection. That COULD be the reason he struggled earlier is b/c he was used more than they originally thought he should be.
July 18, 201214 yr Heisey could play everyday in CF and Quentin could help fill a corner spot, when resting Ludwick and Bruce. The alternative is Stubbs going to CF while Heisey goes to a corner. Stubbs is going to be in CF 85+% of the time the rest of this year.
July 18, 201214 yr Stubbs is going to be in CF 85+% of the time the rest of this year. I agree, but it's nice to think about someone else being there.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.