Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Question for Reds fans

Featured Replies

You guys are in first. I even cracked a joke about the Reds sucking and was told, "they're a half game out of first." :lol:

 

Since that is the case why do Reds fans want Dusty fired?

Have to complain about something.

You guys are in first. I even cracked a joke about the Reds sucking and was told, "they're a half game out of first." :lol:

 

Since that is the case why do Reds fans want Dusty fired?

 

Dusty has some great qualities as a manger. The players love him, and speak highly of him. That goes a long way. I'm just not a fan of a lot of his in game managerial moves.

Life long Dodger hater here....Dusty was a Dodger...hence I don't like Dusty never have never will.

Don't like LaSorda, Scioscia, Lopes, Garvey, Fernando, Sutton or any other Dodger...so as for Dusty that's just how I roll...I hate the Dodgers!!!

He's just not that great of a manger IMO and has a somewhat blind loyalty to veterans. Simple as that.

Example = last night.

 

Up 4 runs, let your starter attempt to finish the inning. Don't play the stupid match up game and yep, lose the game. I understand Dusty didn't through the pitches to the batters, but he made the pitching changes.

 

(yes this is coming from the guy who wants Homer gone)

Example = last night.

 

Up 4 runs, let your starter attempt to finish the inning. Don't play the stupid match up game and yep, lose the game. I understand Dusty didn't through the pitches to the batters, but he made the pitching changes.

 

(yes this is coming from the guy who wants Homer gone)

 

 

I thought it was a good move removing Homer at the time he did. He was at or near 110 pitches, and Cabrera was due up. Cabrera nearly took him deep the AB before.

  • Author

And for the record, I am not pro-Dusty or anti-Dusty. I just saw the Reds are in first but I guarantee when the Reds are playing I see 'Fire Dusty' on my twitter timeline by the many Reds fans that I know. :lol:

And for the record, I am not pro-Dusty or anti-Dusty. I just saw the Reds are in first but I guarantee when the Reds are playing I see 'Fire Dusty' on my twitter timeline by the many Reds fans that I know. :lol:

 

For the record, mine was sarcastic. :lol:

  • Author
For the record, mine was sarcastic. :lol:

 

I thought it was funny though. :lol:

I can't stand the way the "toothpick" manages but I don't want to see any manager fired midstream. I don't think teams react well to an inseason firing. I certainly DO NOT want to see him extended beyond this year though as I don't see him being the one to take this team very far in the playoffs.

I can't stand the way the "toothpick" manages but I don't want to see any manager fired midstream. I don't think teams react well to an inseason firing. I certainly DO NOT want to see him extended beyond this year though as I don't see him being the one to take this team very far in the playoffs.

 

FKW would probably laugh at your theory that teams don't act well to mid season firings.

Life long Dodger hater here....Dusty was a Dodger...hence I don't like Dusty never have never will.

Don't like LaSorda, Scioscia, Lopes, Garvey, Fernando, Sutton or any other Dodger...so as for Dusty that's just how I roll...I hate the Dodgers!!!

\

 

Dodgers won the Series the year I was born. Of course, they were still in Brooklyn at the time.eek.gif

Dusty gets on my nerves sometimes, particularly (as HT said) when I perceive him to be overly loyal to vets. But we did win a Division championship under his watch, so I tend to cut him more slack than some others might.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.