Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kevin Siple to Grant County!?

Featured Replies

I did'nt, going off of what post #20 said that he was introduced to his players at Grant monday afternoon.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
well being you posted it, yes he was there and interviewing for the position.

 

Now you see why I posted what I posted.

 

These non-football schools (and yes I am calling Grant and Bracken non-football schools) can really get funny when it comes to football matters. When several members on here allege it starts with the administration I would pay close attention.

 

Either way, I hope this works out for Coach Siple, I think he is a terrific football coach and person.

What is the deal is he the coach or not? I am sure the folks at Bracken want to move forward either way. SOunds like he and Grant Co. may be a perfect fit with all this Drama.

 

I don't know that there would have been any drama if it hadn't been leaked before it was official/confirmed. At any rate, as the Maysville paper said on Tuesday, he has applied at Grant County and has not yet been OFFICIALLY hired. That's all I can say that we know on the record.

  • Author
I don't know that there would have been any drama if it hadn't been leaked before it was official/confirmed. At any rate, as the Maysville paper said on Tuesday, he has applied at Grant County and has not yet been OFFICIALLY hired. That's all I can say that we know on the record.

 

Where was it leaked?

Where was it leaked?

 

"Leaked" was probably a poor choice of words. By that I meant whoever tipped you (or whoever tipped that person) that this process was going on although not yet complete, which some posters/community members accepted as confirmation that it was official.

The only thing I can think of is maybe they had to create a position in the school for him and that part has not been finalized yet. I know they hired Arvin without a teaching job but thought there would be one available down the road and one did open up. The boys start practice on Tues. so we will see then who shows up to coach them.

The only thing I can think of is maybe they had to create a position in the school for him and that part has not been finalized yet. I know they hired Arvin without a teaching job but thought there would be one available down the road and one did open up. The boys start practice on Tues. so we will see then who shows up to coach them.

 

That is my understanding is that he has been hired as the coach, and GC is working on finding him a teaching position. Not uncommon for this to happen.

I can officially confirm that he was introduced to about 25 players in attendence on Monday afternoon at Grant County. Now the newspaper yesterday in Maysville says other wise. I do not know what is going on but he may have decided to stay at Bracken, or he may not have told the kids at Bracken, I don't know. The thing I know for sure that if any of this is true that is in the paper, then the only people in this that are going to be hurt is the kids at one program or another. I hope for all parties involved that this is resolved quickly, I hate this for the kids at Grant, they need a coach, they need stability, and I hope they get it going right now, they have a great group of kids that deserve the best. I have heard good things about coach Siple and wish him the best wherever he is going to be coaching.

It was a combination of Siple and Cole McClain that brought BC Football to life...with both gone, as well as several quality seniors graduating, I see Bracken going back to a sub-par season. Until they find a coach willing to stay, this trend will continue.

I can officially confirm that he was introduced to about 25 players in attendence on Monday afternoon at Grant County. Now the newspaper yesterday in Maysville says other wise. I do not know what is going on but he may have decided to stay at Bracken, or he may not have told the kids at Bracken, I don't know. The thing I know for sure that if any of this is true that is in the paper, then the only people in this that are going to be hurt is the kids at one program or another. I hope for all parties involved that this is resolved quickly, I hate this for the kids at Grant, they need a coach, they need stability, and I hope they get it going right now, they have a great group of kids that deserve the best. I have heard good things about coach Siple and wish him the best wherever he is going to be coaching.

I am hearing he is hired as well.

Bracken should go after Johnny Poynter. He would be a good hire for Bracken.

 

Grant made a good choice.

 

Can you tell little about Poynter? How old would you say he is?

It was a combination of Siple and Cole McClain that brought BC Football to life...with both gone, as well as several quality seniors graduating, I see Bracken going back to a sub-par season. Until they find a coach willing to stay, this trend will continue.
They still have a good senior class in place for next season, but an athlete like McClain at the QB made everyone better on offense and defense, Things will really be tough after next season, even if they brought Bill Cowher in to Coach.

A lot likle coaching at Scott, how do you make it interesting? Good luck Mr. Siple.

Can you tell little about Poynter? How old would you say he is?

 

He is around 40 years old I would say. He turned around Trimble County then went to Bourbon County and turned it around. I think he could really get Bracken to the next level.

I texted Siple again and he didnt text me back. :confused:

 

Maybe he changed his cell number.................................

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.