Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Julius Mays to Kentucky

Featured Replies

What are the chances UK gets Jefferson? Is anyone else a possibility for UK this season?

  • Replies 50
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do think it is a really solid fit all things considered, but Jefferson is the much better talent. I get what you are say in terms of need, but talent wins as you saw this season...

 

I would love for them to get Jefferson but if they had not landed Mays I'm not sure who would have backed up the guard position next year. The only possibilities would have been Hood or Poulson. So what are UK's chances with Jefferson?

So two former NC State guards will be in the UK backcourt next season. That's odd, but I'll take it.

I would love for them to get Jefferson but if they had not landed Mays I'm not sure who would have backed up the guard position next year. The only possibilities would have been Hood or Poulson. So what are UK's chances with Jefferson?

 

I'm not really plugged in to the Jefferson deal at all. My national buddies seems to be leaning NC State, but I think they are playing their own hunches there...

I'm not really plugged in to the Jefferson deal at all. My national buddies seems to be leaning NC State, but I think they are playing their own hunches there...

 

That seems to be where the smart money is. If he were to come to UK, where does he fit? Is he a 3 or a 4? and would he start of Wiltjer?

Glad to have another shooting/point guard (especially one with experience) on a team with lots of young talent.

 

I must ask.........why so many Wright State players transferring out this year?

Makes me feel a little better about their perimeter game.

Glad to have another shooting/point guard (especially one with experience) on a team with lots of young talent.

 

I must ask.........why so many Wright State players transferring out this year?

 

Obviously in Mays' case it's an opportunity for him to have a legit shot at the F4 and a possible championship.

At this point I'm happy with anybody who comes to Lexington. It's impossible to fault Cal's recruiting, but the lack of depth for this upcoming season has me wary. Hopefully Mays will help and I'm sure we'll add a few more (either the foreign kid or Jefferson).

 

Just seems unusually late with not enough quality talent and slim pickings left...

Sounds good to me, Cal always seems to come up with a guy late in the year that is kind of off the radar.

 

 

Yes he does. UK has a great recuiting staff. If they are out there, they seem to know about them.

This article answers some of your questions.

 

 

Wright State transfer Mays picks UK, is eligible for upcoming season

 

 

Mays averaged 14.1 points per game last season for the Raiders, leading the team in scoring, assists and steals. He was named the Horizon League's newcomer of the year and was a second-team all-conference selection.

 

Mays, who will be 23 years old when the season begins, is expected to play significant minutes off the bench behind a likely starting backcourt of sophomore Ryan Harrow and freshman Archie Goodwin.

 

Mays can play both guard positions, and his three-point shooting should come in especially handy for a team that projected to be weak from behind the arc.

He went 50-for-118 (42.4 percent) on threes last season, and made three or more three-pointers in eight of 29 regular-season games. For the sake of comparison, outgoing UK sharpshooter Doron Lamb accomplished that feat nine times in 31 regular-season games.

 

Mays also shot 83.2 percent from the free-throw line, better than any Kentucky player from last season.

 

Read more here: Wright State transfer Mays picks UK, is eligible for upcoming season | Basketball recruiting | Kentucky.com

Edited by gold sunrise

What are the chances UK gets Jefferson? Is anyone else a possibility for UK this season?

 

 

Also on Calipari's radar is Montrezl Harrell, a highly rated power forward who originally committed to Virginia Tech but was released from that commitment after the school fired Coach Seth Greenberg. Harrell received his release over the weekend and UK is on the list of schools expected to pursue him. There is no timetable for his decision.

Read more here: Wright State transfer Mays picks UK, is eligible for upcoming season | Basketball recruiting | Kentucky.com

I believe this young man dropped 21 against the Florida Gators last year in Gainsville. That's enough to make me smile. We needed another solid shooter, looks like we found one. Welcome to BBN!

I read an article where 3 Horizon League coaches commented on the kid. Overall they like his game. Comes off the pick well. Doesn't move well without the ball. Not overly interested in D. Good shooter. Not overly athletic. The consensus was he'd be a 4th or 5th option at UK. About what we expected.

I read an article where 3 Horizon League coaches commented on the kid. Overall they like his game. Comes off the pick well. Doesn't move well without the ball. Not overly interested in D. Good shooter. Not overly athletic. The consensus was he'd be a 4th or 5th option at UK. About what we expected.

 

If he doesn't become interested in D he won't see much time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.