Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Julius Mays to Kentucky

Featured Replies

The Wright State transfer has committed to UK.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any info about him?

 

According to KSR...

 

Mays is a 6-2 combo guard from Wright State who averaged 14.1 points per game last season. Mays will be eligible to play right away for the Wildcats as a senior.
According to KSR...

 

Pretty much all I've seen as well via google. GT where are you?

I thought it was pretty much given he was going to Purdue.

I thought it was pretty much given he was going to Purdue.

 

There were some deep connections to him and Purdue, so that was the logical choice when he announced he was making a move. UK was pressing pretty hard because of the lack of depth at guard, but once he went through with the Purdue visit most, myself included, thought the early favorite was going to finish the deal. Surprised, but not shocked he went with the better program with a glaring need for someone that can shoot...

Pretty much all I've seen as well via google. GT where are you?

 

I think he is a mid major guy, but he will help in that he has a lot of experience, and when hot can help stretch a defense. He won't hurt as a reserve guard off the bench...

 

Also shot 29% as a soph at NC State. He can be very streaky, but will still be the best shooter of the guards and wings...

 

Better than Dodson?

I think he is a mid major guy, but he will help in that he has a lot of experience, and when hot can help stretch a defense. He won't hurt as a reserve guard off the bench...

 

Sounds good to me, Cal always seems to come up with a guy late in the year that is kind of off the radar.

Better than Dodson?

 

A lot less crazy...

Makes me feel a bit better depth wise. Hopefully he has a good shooting year. That's really is one thing that worries me. Now if they can get one more person ala Amile Jefferson that can make a solid impact, I think they're set to be a solid elite 8 squad/final 4 squad. Is it me or is CBB going to be down a bit next season?

This seems like a great fit for UK. They were in need of a guard who can shoot. Plus I think Cal probably likes the idea that he is a one year guy, allows him to free up another spot for a potential mega haul in 2013. I don't think Jefferson is coming to UK but if they had to choose Mays probably was the bigger need.

This seems like a great fit for UK. They were in need of a guard who can shoot. Plus I think Cal probably likes the idea that he is a one year guy, allows him to free up another spot for a potential mega haul in 2013. I don't think Jefferson is coming to UK but if they had to choose Mays probably was the bigger need.

 

I do think it is a really solid fit all things considered, but Jefferson is the much better talent. I get what you are say in terms of need, but talent wins as you saw this season...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.