Julius Mays to Kentucky

D-Rob

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was pretty much given he was going to Purdue.

There were some deep connections to him and Purdue, so that was the logical choice when he announced he was making a move. UK was pressing pretty hard because of the lack of depth at guard, but once he went through with the Purdue visit most, myself included, thought the early favorite was going to finish the deal. Surprised, but not shocked he went with the better program with a glaring need for someone that can shoot...

Pretty much all I've seen as well via google. GT where are you?

I think he is a mid major guy, but he will help in that he has a lot of experience, and when hot can help stretch a defense. He won't hurt as a reserve guard off the bench...

I think he is a mid major guy, but he will help in that he has a lot of experience, and when hot can help stretch a defense. He won't hurt as a reserve guard off the bench...

Sounds good to me, Cal always seems to come up with a guy late in the year that is kind of off the radar.

Makes me feel a bit better depth wise. Hopefully he has a good shooting year. That's really is one thing that worries me. Now if they can get one more person ala Amile Jefferson that can make a solid impact, I think they're set to be a solid elite 8 squad/final 4 squad. Is it me or is CBB going to be down a bit next season?

This seems like a great fit for UK. They were in need of a guard who can shoot. Plus I think Cal probably likes the idea that he is a one year guy, allows him to free up another spot for a potential mega haul in 2013. I don't think Jefferson is coming to UK but if they had to choose Mays probably was the bigger need.

This seems like a great fit for UK. They were in need of a guard who can shoot. Plus I think Cal probably likes the idea that he is a one year guy, allows him to free up another spot for a potential mega haul in 2013. I don't think Jefferson is coming to UK but if they had to choose Mays probably was the bigger need.

I do think it is a really solid fit all things considered, but Jefferson is the much better talent. I get what you are say in terms of need, but talent wins as you saw this season...