Harrison County's Mike Reitz retiring

One the best coaches in the state is hanging up his whistle. Mike Reitz, who served as head or assistant coach at several schools has decided to retire from coaching.

Congratulations on a long and very successful career Coach Reitz. You are a class act and the type of coach every coach should strive to be.

Coach Reitz is a class act. I will miss watching him stomp the sidelines as the tassels on his loafers bounce while whistling at his players. Best wishes to him on his retirement. I would be happy to have him coach my son anytime!!

Not only a class act, but a true classic. A truly fun guy to be around. Had the perfect persona for the coaching job - never too high, never too low, and always realized that it was just a game.

I'll always remember Mike sitting in the top row of the stands, popcorn in hand, scouting with his assistants on either side.

To me Mike Reitz will always be pronounced Maaaack.

Coached the great Harrison County teams back in the late 90's when we (Brossart) were just gettting our feet wet in the 10th Region, and always inquired, "Everything OK???." Again, to me, Mike Reitz will always be one of the prominent faces of the 10th Region. He always made you feel valued and listened to what you had to say, regardless of who you were, or where you came from.

Could stick the needle it and twist it, and then laugh and give you a big hug.

A true classic. I hope very much that he doesn't disappear from our lives and continues to show up at O'Charley's on occasion.

He will truly be missed!!!

My first daily newspaper job was in Maysville in 1987 when Mike had that team (in 1987-88) that went to the Sweet 16 and I can just remember how nice (and professional) and easy to get along with he was. That was a fun season to work in Maysville thanks in large part to Mike and that team and without a doubt the man could flat-out coach. All the best.

- Richard Skinner

I remeber Coach Reitz at Deming(telling my age) he and assistant Coach Jerry Fultz were our Physical Education teachers.

I know he has taught/coached at several schools in the 10th. Do you know which ones they are? Would you list them? Thanks