Bengals Draft

I think the Bengals did awesome.

Drafted

Rnd # Ovr. Team Player Pos. Ht. Wt. School

1 17 17 Cincinnati Dre Kirkpatrick CB 6-3 190 Alabama

1 27 27 Cincinnati [(from New England through New Orleans)] Kevin Zeitler OG 6-4 314 Wisconsin

2 21 53 Cincinnati Devon Still DT 6-5 311 Penn State

3 20 83 Cincinnati Mohamed Sanu WR 6-2 211 Rutgers

3 30 93 Cincinnati [(from New England)] Brandon Thompson DT 6-2 314 Clemson

4 21 116 Cincinnati Orson Charles TE 6-3 251 Georgia

5 21 156 Cincinnati Shaun Prater CB 5-10 190 Iowa

5 31 166 Cincinnati [(from New England)] Marvin Jones WR 6-2 199 California

5 32 167 Cincinnati [(from N.Y. Giants)] George Iloka FS 6-4 225 Boise State

6 21 191 Cincinnati Dan Herron RB 5-10 213 Ohio State

^ Didn't he also have a drop in production his last year in college? Along with penalties, taking plays off, terrible NFL Combine and Pro Day.

Could still have potential, but it wasn't just off field concerns scaring people off.

Bengals also sign Vontaez Burfict as an UDFA... He was a top linebacker for Arizona State but his off the field concerns scared everyone away.

I won a bet tonight on VB. While watching the draft with a buddy (huge Bengals fan), I bet him that Cincy would sign the problem child Burfict, he said no way. Free round of golf!!!! :lol:

^ Didn't he also have a drop in production his last year in college? Along with penalties, taking plays off, terrible NFL Combine and Pro Day.

Could still have potential, but it wasn't just off field concerns scaring people off.

He threw his coaching staff under the bus, saying they're the reason for his bad season in the interview process...

Bengals also sign Vontaez Burfict as an UDFA... He was a top linebacker for Arizona State but his off the field concerns scared everyone away.

Wasn't just off the field issues. The guy apparently looked terrible in every single workout after the season.

Devon Still was projected to go as High as 17 to the Bengals in Round 1, the Bengals got him with pick 53 in Round 2...Devon Still, Penn State, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Mohamed Sanu was projected to go as High as 63 to the Giants, the Bengals got him with pick 83...Mohamed Sanu, Rutgers, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Brandon Thompson was projected to go as High as 31 to the Pats, the Bengals got him with pick 93...Brandon Thompson, Clemson, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Marvin Jones was projected to go as High as 61 to the 49ers, the Bengals got him with pick 166...Steal of the Draft...Marvin Jones, California, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

George Iloka was projected to go as High as 59 to the Packers and was also the number 1 ranked FS, the Bengals got him with pick 167...Another steal...George Iloka, Boise State, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

The links show vitals, rankings, combine results and pretty sweet...I am in love with the Marvin Jones and George Iloka picks...Mohamed Sanu is a beast and Marvin Jones IMO is just as good, he was a great value...

I won a bet tonight on VB. While watching the draft with a buddy (huge Bengals fan), I bet him that Cincy would sign the problem child Burfict, he said no way. Free round of golf!!!! :lol:

Come on. Go start a Steeler thread about how great they are. Look at your own draft and see your player's character concerns. The Ohio State player and Miami player are huge character issues as well. It is getting old with people bashing Bengal character issues repeatedly. All NFL teams can look in the mirror. Bottom line is this team is getting better and are drafting better. Deal with it.

Come on. Go start a Steeler thread about how great they are. Look at your own draft and see your player's character concerns. The Ohio State player and Miami player are huge character issues as well. It is getting old with people bashing Bengal character issues repeatedly. All NFL teams can look in the mirror. Bottom line is this team is getting better and are drafting better. Deal with it.

Well said changeup. Pittsburgh is the woman abuser capitol of the NFL. They are in no position to throw stones.

The Bengals took a chance on a couple of character guys but most of their early picks were very highly rated in their character.

Liked most of the picks. The TE pick was questionable. Absolutely no need there. Still would have liked Decastro. DB was addressed with 3 selections. I hope they're not holding pat at LB. Not sold on the current group.

At first I felt the same way but after watching him and reading about him I love the pick...He will be a productive player, inurance for Gresham and they can also both play at the same time...He is a playmaker and has been compared to Vernon Davis with less speed obviously but still has the quickness and agility to stretch the field...The Bengals were smart to not forget about their young QB and get him some weapons...