Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA ACT Requirement 2013/14

Featured Replies

Tom Penders ‏

Starting in 2013-14 , NCAA will require scholarship athletes to have ACT score of 25 to be eligible 4 scholarships. Innercity kids=0 chance!

 

 

I was not aware of the above.

 

That's going to be rough for a lot of athletes regardless of where they are from.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

National average ACT score is 21.

 

The 4 lowest states , in order from bottom, in 2011 are :

 

MS

TN

FL

KY

 

No state has an average of 25 or higher.

 

http://www.act.org/newsroom/data/2011/states.html

 

Is it possible Penders is wrong?

  • Author

I can't believe this is right. The NCAA has always used a sliding scale.

 

The higher your core GPA the lower your ACT/SAT score can be.

 

No way they went to a hard and fast number.

I could see maybe a 16 or 18 being the number, but no way can they make the number 25!

I could see maybe a 16 or 18 being the number, but no way can they make the number 25!

 

I think 18 is definitely a fair number. Many institutions you need to have at least an 18 to be accepted without any deficiencies (sometimes that gets grey though).

 

Saying they have to get a 25 on the ACT is flat out ridiculous if they ask me. Jay Bilas is going to be all over complaining about this if it is true.

The highest ACT score required on the chart in the link Clyde provided is 21.5 if your GPA is 2.0. It is a sliding scale. As GPA goes up, the ACT requirement goes down. If your GPA is 2.5, you need a 17 on the ACT.

The highest ACT score required on the chart in the link Clyde provided is 21.5 if your GPA is 2.0. It is a sliding scale. As GPA goes up, the ACT requirement goes down. If your GPA is 2.5, you need a 17 on the ACT.

 

Thats how I read the scale.

Highest I made was 23, and I would hope I'm a lot smarter than some of these D-1 guys we see. :lol:

 

 

 

If this is true in any way, say good bye to college athletics.....

The highest ACT score required on the chart in the link Clyde provided is 21.5 if your GPA is 2.0. It is a sliding scale. As GPA goes up, the ACT requirement goes down. If your GPA is 2.5, you need a 17 on the ACT.

 

 

That makes a lot more sense.

Highest I made was 23, and I would hope I'm a lot smarter than some of these D-1 guys we see. :lol:

 

The last time I took it, I was able to get a 25. If this were true back in the day, maybe I could have played somewhere since all of the studs would have been ineligible haha!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.