Louisville 12 Kentucky 0 (Baseball)

LRCW

Doesn't tell me much unless the weekend pitchers pitch.

AJ Reed pitched for Kentucky. Don't know if he's a "weekend pitcher". Do the top of the rotation pitchers only pitch on the weekends?

AJ Reed pitched for Kentucky. Don't know if he's a "weekend pitcher". Do the top of the rotation pitchers only pitch on the weekends?

Yes. That's when the conference games are played. Kid from Lawrence County (Shepard maybe?) is a mid-week pitcher. Never pitches on the weekend. I think Reed is the starting 1B when not pitching.

Yes. That's when the conference games are played. Kid from Lawrence County (Shepard maybe?) is a mid-week pitcher. Never pitches on the weekend. I think Reed is the starting 1B when not pitching.

So did Louisville start a weekend pitcher, and Kentucky throw their first baseman? Honestly don't know. But if that's the case it would seem one team wanted to win a lot more than the other.

Without knowing who the Cardinals pitched, I can't say this with certainity, but it would seem UK should have been able to plate a couple runs. They're ranked second in the country.

This game intrigued me a bit, as I noticed in the polls both are ranked in the top 20. I really like seeing that as Kentucky is considered a cold weather state when it comes to baseball. Both schools must be doing a great job with their programs.

Louisville pitched freshman Jared Ruxer. He retired 18/22, threw 65 strikes in 98 pitches. His ERA is now 1.98. He's 5-0.

Kentucky pitched freshman A.J. Reed who had a 2.37 ERA coming into the game and was 4-0. They relieved him with Sam Mahar. I believe they pitched a total if five pitchers.

So did Louisville start a weekend pitcher, and Kentucky throw their first baseman? Honestly don't know. But if that's the case it would seem one team wanted to win a lot more than the other.

To this point, Ruxer hasn't been in the weekend rotation.

Without knowing who the Cardinals pitched, I can't say this with certainity, but it would seem UK should have been able to plate a couple runs. They're ranked second in the country.

This game intrigued me a bit, as I noticed in the polls both are ranked in the top 20. I really like seeing that as Kentucky is considered a cold weather state when it comes to baseball. Both schools must be doing a great job with their programs.

No question it sounds like the UK offense took the night off. I would assume UL also pitched their 4th pitcher.

I just don't put much into week day games.

No question it sounds like the UK offense took the night off. I would assume UL also pitched their 4th pitcher.

I just don't put much into week day games.

This games doesn't mean much. Even the top teams lose a few, and losing to another top 20 team isn't a huge upset. I guarantee they'll lose A few more, probably even a couple to teams they shouldn't lose to. The SEC is too good.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't figure out why UK has been dominating SEC baseball but UL has railed them twice. Mid week non-conference pitching probably has some to do with it but the Cards just have their number it looks like. Tough to complain though when you are #1.

Luke Maile was quoted as saying UL simply played better and handled the basics much better than UK both times.

Nothing to really read into this.