April 8, 201214 yr That was pretty awesome. Can't wait for today's game. Drive home safely... :banana:
April 8, 201214 yr The Reds rally for 2 runs in the bottom of the 9th, to beat Heath Bell, and the Marlins 6-5, and win the opening series of the year against the Marlins. I hope FKW enjoyed the Reds comeback.:lol::lol: Jay Bruce had 2 solo HR's, including one to lead of the bottom of the 9th to tie the game. Rolen with the game winning single to win it with one out in the bottom of the 9th. Chapman pitched two innings in relief, with 3 K's to get the win.
April 8, 201214 yr We will keep this thread open until after midnight to discuss this game, and the series, and then start the new thread with the Cardinals at that time.
April 8, 201214 yr Exciting game today! Bruce is ballin! Thought they left Arroyo in a little too long today. Looked like Hanley hurt his shoulder that last play. I think a good 3rd baseman would backhand that ball + roll two with Rolen running. Great ending!
April 8, 201214 yr I got the privilege to sit in the first row of the Diamond seats today and boy was that an experience. It was awesome to see the Reds keep battling and pull out the W. The one thing that confused me is why the Reds waited to draw the infield in until after it was tied. If the infield was in when they were up one the ground ball to BP would have held the runner at third and get the out at first.
April 8, 201214 yr I got the privilege to sit in the first row of the Diamond seats today and boy was that an experience. It was awesome to see the Reds keep battling and pull out the W. The one thing that confused me is why the Reds waited to draw the infield in until after it was tied. If the infield was in when they were up one the ground ball to BP would have held the runner at third and get the out at first. There a lots of moves/non-moves DB does that have had me scratching my head.
April 9, 201214 yr I got the privilege to sit in the first row of the Diamond seats today and boy was that an experience. . Had that opportunity as well. You're closer to the batter than the pitcher is.
April 9, 201214 yr There a lots of moves/non-moves DB does that have had me scratching my head. Just keep watching, then think about it and I am sure you will figure it out.
April 9, 201214 yr What an awesome finish. Glad the Reds pulled it out as that would have been a tough loss having lead most of the game.
April 9, 201214 yr I got the privilege to sit in the first row of the Diamond seats today and boy was that an experience. It was awesome to see the Reds keep battling and pull out the W. The one thing that confused me is why the Reds waited to draw the infield in until after it was tied. If the infield was in when they were up one the ground ball to BP would have held the runner at third and get the out at first. You don't bring your infield in when your up one, he made the right move there. If you bring your infield in, then things like little bloopers easily fall past the infield, and ground balls get through easier unless they are hit right at the guy. You are up one in that situation, you don't want to give them the opportunity to score, and then also make a bigger inning out of it too. Which is easier to happen if you bring in the infield in that situation. He made the right call on that one. There are times to question him, but not on that one IMO.
April 9, 201214 yr I haven't really been around all weekend, but I am certainly glad that the Reds won this series. I really like what the Marlins have going for them. Another big series starts tonight...I will be at the game.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.