Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do You Consider Catholics Christians?

Are Catholics Christians? 22 members have voted

  1. 1. Are Catholics Christians?

    • Yes, I believe Catholics are Christians
      100%
    • No, I don't believe Catholics are Christians
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This was brought up in another thread last week, and I've been meaning to give it it's own thread, as I feel it could spark some good debate. It seems, to me at least, that many in the Chirstian Community view Catholics in a very negative light.

 

I've attached a poll, please don't vote if you yourself are Catholic.

 

Thoughts?

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never really understand this debate. Do Catholics believe that Jesus is their savior and the way to Heaven is through him? I've always been taught that answer is Yes...therefore they are Christians. Not much to really debate IMO.

 

Now whether they are viewed in a negative light by non-Catholic Christians, to me that is where you are going to get a lot of discussion.

Arg....my bad, I have a bad habit of voting in polls before I read futher down in the thread. Subtract 1 from the total "Yes, I believe Catholics are Christians" column.

While I think most on BGP will vote YES, it does crack me up that a lot of people probably do subscribe to this line of thinking. Protestant denominations evolved from Catholicism.

Perhaps you should be asking if Catholics consider Protestants to be Christian.

Perhaps you should be asking if Catholics consider Protestants to be Christian.

 

I have never heard of a Catholic who doesn't consider Protestants to be Christians.

  • Author
Perhaps you should be asking if Catholics consider Protestants to be Christian.

 

If you'd like to ask that question, go right ahead. This is regarding whether non-Catholic Christians consider Catholics to be Christians.

If you'd like to ask that question, go right ahead. This is regarding whether non-Catholic Christians consider Catholics to be Christians.
My point is, the discussion is just as valid (or invalid) either way. Remember, all Protestant denominations are outgrowths of Catholicism, which traces its line of succession all the way back to Peter. That said, Catholics consider all Baptized Christians to be our brothers and sisters in Christ. The Church is actively seeking to leverage our commonalities to build bridges between Catholicism and Protestant denominations.

The word Christian means "follower of Christ." Not follower of such-and-such church or such-and-such denomination. So for me it's not so much determining, "Are you Catholic? Are you Protestant?" It's about, "Do you follow Christ?"

That said, Catholics consider all Baptized Christians to be our brothers and sisters in Christ. .

If a person is baptized in a non-Catholic church as an adult making a personal decision to follow Christ and they want to join a Catholic church, will they have to be baptized again?

Why, certainly. Why would Catholics not be considered Christians?

I'm betting if you could vote anonymously that there would be a more honest reflection.

I'm betting if you could vote anonymously that there would be a more honest reflection.

So having a screen name which most people dont know who a poster is not anonymous enough?

 

Wouldn't change my vote.

 

Being a Christian is Jesus decision.

 

Denomination is a man made choice.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.