Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do You Consider Catholics Christians?

Are Catholics Christians? 22 members have voted

  1. 1. Are Catholics Christians?

    • Yes, I believe Catholics are Christians
      100%
    • No, I don't believe Catholics are Christians
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I really don't think that's true.

 

I bet if you grew up where I did -- or, really, anywhere else in Kentucky where Catholics are a blip on the radar screen -- you'd have a different opinion.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bet if you grew up where I did -- or, really, anywhere else in Kentucky where Catholics are a blip on the radar screen -- you'd have a different opinion.

 

Never say never, so maybe. But, considering "nobody buys the cow if the milk is free", I find it hard to believe that somebody would refrain from posting something on BGP out of fear that they'd be "outed" in the local community.

Never say never, so maybe. But, considering "nobody buys the cow if the milk is free", I find it hard to believe that somebody would refrain from posting something on BGP out of fear that they'd be "outed" in the local community.

 

Religious bigotry -- specifically, bigotry toward Catholics -- ain't as common as it used to be from a public acceptance standpoint (kind of like racial and ethnic bigotry). Doesn't mean those old-time feelings don't exist among the diehards, and can't be spotted by reading the code words.

I know the month and maybe the year but there was a huge debate that lasted several days, not about whether Catholics were Christians but just a debate in general about Catholics and Non. I was at FCA camp and had to wait for a PC to read/post. That was June 20087/2008.

 

I have several dear friends who are Catholic and have been in several Catholic weddings as a Usher/Best man/ Car parker. Jesus has the final say at Judgement day like I said earlier, and if they (anyone) has done what Jesus has laid out in scripture they are a Christian. There are many roads to Jesus but only one road to the FATHER.

Religious bigotry -- specifically, bigotry toward Catholics -- ain't as common as it used to be from a public acceptance standpoint (kind of like racial and ethnic bigotry). Doesn't mean those old-time feelings don't exist among the diehards, and can't be spotted by reading the code words.

Though I am not quite the cynic as you, JS ;), I very much believe this line of thinking exists by many. I have a couple of contemporaries at work even acknowledge their parents would lose it if they converted to Catholicism and be damned to hell. It may just have to do with where we live, but I have always found it fascinating the lack of (basic) knowledge people have about Catholicism. I do not say that as if you have to be theologian on all matters Catholic.

I know the month and maybe the year but there was a huge debate that lasted several days, not about whether Catholics were Christians but just a debate in general about Catholics and Non. I was at FCA camp and had to wait for a PC to read/post. That was June 20087/2008.

 

I have several dear friends who are Catholic and have been in several Catholic weddings as a Usher/Best man/ Car parker. Jesus has the final say at Judgement day like I said earlier, and if they (anyone) has done what Jesus has laid out in scripture they are a Christian. There are many roads to Jesus but only one road to the FATHER.

20087? Stupid new glasses, hate these things, also getting dizzy spells more than I use to get.

Yes I think they are Christians.

 

Although I disagree with many of their man made practices/ideas.

Yes I think they are Christians.

 

Although I disagree with many of their man made practices/ideas.

You mean "scripture-based" practices and ideas. :cool:
You mean "scripture-based" practices and ideas. :cool:

 

NO, No, No..I'll will keep silent...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.