Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trayvon Martin

Featured Replies

Why is Zimmerman still reported as a white man of Hispanic heritage by msnbc? Is race so important or do they just want to keep the fuel fired. I am upset he is called white because he don't look white at all. Hope msnbc gets the race war they want.

 

I don't. Too much family and friends of too many races for me to be involved in a race war. Can't have it.

  • Replies 601
  • Views 49.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He is white with Hispanic heritage. Just like there is not an Irish race there is not a Hispanic race.

 

Well can you be a white black or a black white person. Come on man, he is no more white that this screen I a typing on. He is Hispanic.

The fact remains, an unarmed high school kid died at the hands of a grown man, makes no difference if he is racist. All race does is give the story legs.

 

 

And the fact remains shooting an unarmed person isn't a crime in Florida under some circumstances

The fact remains, an unarmed high school kid died at the hands of a grown man, makes no difference if he is racist. All race does is give the story legs.

 

Agreed, yet you continue to use the racist label on him. That kind of argument is what helps to give this story legs.

Agreed, yet you continue to use the racist label on him. That kind of argument is what helps to give this story legs.

Continue. Let the record reflect that in a recent thread I am the one who said we've been past the Zimmerman/Bull Connor comparisons, and you had no idea what the comment meant. I'm done with Trayvon and Zimmerman. He's been arrested and the let the law do the job the Sanford police did half-arsed.

And the fact remains shooting an unarmed person isn't a crime in Florida under some circumstances

 

SO if ZImmerman has been arrested, then apprently, someone very important, much more important than 85Bearsfan and SSC, felt Zimmerman broke the law. So apparently, in other words, someone felt it was a criminal act.

SO if ZImmerman has been arrested, then apprently, someone very important, much more important than 85Bearsfan and SSC, felt Zimmerman broke the law. So apparently, in other words, someone felt it was a criminal act.

 

Possibly or they were forced into that belief by pressure from the media, outraged citizens, political figures in that area worried about re-election. Or maybe all of the above.

Well can you be a white black or a black white person. Come on man, he is no more white that this screen I a typing on. He is Hispanic.

 

What is your heritage? German ? Italian? Irish?

Continue. Let the record reflect that in a recent thread I am the one who said we've been past the Zimmerman/Bull Connor comparisons, and you had no idea what the comment meant. I'm done with Trayvon and Zimmerman. He's been arrested and the let the law do the job the Sanford police did half-arsed.

 

 

You're right, I get confused who I'm responding to sometimes. Sorry. I am confused about the Bull Connor comment as I remember him very well.

Report is that the shot was from 1 to 18 inches away.

 

Traces of weed found in Trayvon's blood.

Him being high shouldn't play any role in this....Who cares?

 

If I was presenting it as evidence for the prosecution I would agree.

 

However....

Him being high shouldn't play any role in this....Who cares?
Seriously? Look, I am well aware of the side effects of being high on pot, or lack-there-of, but trying to prove a lack of sound judgement on the part of Martin appears to be much easier knowing he was using pot.
Well can you be a white black or a black white person. Come on man, he is no more white that this screen I a typing on. He is Hispanic.
Ricardo Montalban Jennifer Lopez , Francisco Franco ( he is still dead ) ,Ricky Martin , Fidel Castro are all caucasian of hispanic heritage . In Zimmerman's case he looks like he has some native American blood in his past ie. Aztec , Inca ,Mayan .
If I was presenting it as evidence for the prosecution I would agree.

 

However....

....If you were presenting for the defense you would disagree.

^That's still no excuse for murdering him.

 

Am I the only one who would've done the same thing in Martin's shoes (assuming he initiated the altercation)?

 

If some stranger is following me in a car, then follows me down a side street, I'm feeling threatened and going on the defensive immediately. The best defense is to turn the tables and go on the offensive. He was simply standing his ground, not Zimmerman.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.