Scoring Error in the Title Game

Lest anyone think I am whining about the margin let me say that as long as Trinity won by one point I am happy. However, I am dying to know if anyone else caught this:

with :55 left in the 3rd quarter and the score 45-33 Trinity, Scott County's Manning went to the line for 2 FTs. He missed them both, then the teams exchanged baskets (both 2 pt FGs), and then it was 47-36(?!). The play-by play on the KHSAA website now has Manning MAKING the first free throw. I just went on the iHigh broadcast and can't pull it up - I guess it hasn't been saved yet?. Again, it ended up not mattering, but had Scott made a run and T missed some of those 4th qtr 3s this could have been a HUGE issue. Did anyone tape the game and can you confirm if this indeed happened? Or am i just getting to old and I'm losing it? (or both!)

There was a delay in the game while the officials talked at the scorer's table about this. Wasn't really paying too much attention, so I do not know what the outcome of their conversation was. I do know the talk was about the scoring error though.

Lest anyone think I am whining about the margin let me say that as long as Trinity won by one point I am happy. However, I am dying to know if anyone else caught this:

with :55 left in the 3rd quarter and the score 45-33 Trinity, Scott County's Manning went to the line for 2 FTs. He missed them both, then the teams exchanged baskets (both 2 pt FGs), and then it was 47-36(?!). The play-by play on the KHSAA website now has Manning MAKING the first free throw. I just went on the iHigh broadcast and can't pull it up - I guess it hasn't been saved yet?. Again, it ended up not mattering, but had Scott made a run and T missed some of those 4th qtr 3s this could have been a HUGE issue. Did anyone tape the game and can you confirm if this indeed happened? Or am i just getting to old and I'm losing it? (or both!)

If that indeed did happen, unacceptable imo.

The iHigh video is up this morning and this DID HAPPEN!!!

I have to believe there have been scores of games over the 95 year history of this tournament that have been decided by 1 point! I have no problem with refs missing an occasional call, but the official scorer giving a team an extra point and NOBODY CATCHING IT is, IMVHO, beyond unacceptable.

Trinity was aware of this. I guess it was just so late in the game they figured why make a big deal of it. The manager who keeps the book for Trinity caught it and made the coach aware of it. What's really puzzling is that they keep 2 books for the game and they both got it wrong.

I noticed this as soon as it happened. Thankfully it didnt matter, but it is very inexcusable.

When I was a freshman at mighty John G. Carlisle we were not credited with a foul shot. The guy next to me told the coach who basically told him to shut up. You guessed it. We were tied at the end of regulation and lost in OT. It was the season final in the freshman tournament. They gave us the "Sportsmanship Award" as a consolation. We did not dare tell the Coach..."I tried to tell you."

I have heard through the grapevine that BOTH official scorers counted a free throw that was in fact missed, so the score stood. I just cannot believe that could happen at a state final game! I know that the folks who dislike T say to just forget about it because they won anyway, but at the time we were talking an 11 point game at the end of the 3rd qtr. Scott could have made a run to tie it. Those scorers need to be held accountable, even if it just means admitting a mistake. The public holds referees accountable for bad calls, and to me this is much worse. I am interested to know what officials think of this?

I have heard through the grapevine that BOTH official scorers counted a free throw that was in fact missed,

There is one and only one official scorer. Each team may have their own but one book is designated as official.