Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky vs. Indiana Predictions

Who wins? 61 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 113
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone is interested the first game just started on the U. I wasn't so I switched to Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.

I wish I had some of your guys' confidence. I think the Cats win, but it'll be a close battle the whole way.

I honeslty believe the Cats will be up 20 at one point in the game and then IU will score some meaningless baskets late and the Cats will win by 14-15.

I'm interested to know why most of you think this game is going to be a blow out in Kentucky's favor? Indiana is a good basketball team. They lost some tough road games in conference, but as we already knew, and can see by having 4 teams in the Sweet 16, the Big 10 was the best conference in the land this year.

I'm interested to know why most of you think this game is going to be a blow out in Kentucky's favor? Indiana is a good basketball team. They lost some tough road games in conference, but as we already knew, and can see by having 4 teams in the Sweet 16, the Big 10 was the best conference in the land this year.

 

My reasoning would be that in the first match-up it was at Indy which was a very tough place to play this year. Davis played 22-23 minutes, Jones was a no show, Indiana hit 7 consecutive three's along with most of their other shots as they just didn't miss that day as the crowd was rocking. Cal instructed the players to foul on the last possession as they had fouls to give but Teague and Miller couldn't (didn't) do it. All of this happens and it took a shot at the buzzer to win by one.

 

Add into the fact that ESPN has used this game to promote some App or whatever and the players admitted 2 months ago that they were sick of seeing it and have used it for motivation all year, as I'm sure Cal has used it as well for motivation to keep the kids focused.

 

Then throw in the fact Indiana was not the same on the road or neutral sites as they were at home and I came to my conclusion. The only thing is Indiana is a big rivalry (for fans more than players though). I will be shocked if they don't win by double digits but stranger things of happened. Hope this helps.

I'm interested to know why most of you think this game is going to be a blow out in Kentucky's favor? Indiana is a good basketball team. They lost some tough road games in conference, but as we already knew, and can see by having 4 teams in the Sweet 16, the Big 10 was the best conference in the land this year.

 

I'm wondering the same. But I'm hoping they're right.

My reasoning would be that in the first match-up it was at Indy which was a very tough place to play this year. Davis played 22-23 minutes, Jones was a no show, Indiana hit 7 consecutive three's along with most of their other shots as they just didn't miss that day as the crowd was rocking. Cal instructed the players to foul on the last possession as they had fouls to give but Teague and Miller couldn't (didn't) do it. All of this happens and it took a shot at the buzzer to win by one.

 

Add into the fact that ESPN has used this game to promote some App or whatever and the players admitted 2 months ago that they were sick of seeing it and have used it for motivation all year, as I'm sure Cal has used it as well for motivation to keep the kids focused.

 

Then throw in the fact Indiana was not the same on the road or neutral sites as they were at home and I came to my conclusion. The only thing is Indiana is a big rivalry (for fans more than players though). I will be shocked if they don't win by double digits but stranger things of happened. Hope this helps.

 

 

So you just automatically assume that Jones is going to play well? Kidd-Gilchrist had a huge game in the first meeting. His offense game has really struggled of late. You're assuming Davis won't get in early foul trouble again. Zeller has come a long way since the first meeting. I think there are just too many things to factor in to say that just because Kentucky only lost on a last second shot, and Jones had a terrible game to assume that Kentucky will blow Indiana out this time.

I'm interested to know why most of you think this game is going to be a blow out in Kentucky's favor? Indiana is a good basketball team. They lost some tough road games in conference, but as we already knew, and can see by having 4 teams in the Sweet 16, the Big 10 was the best conference in the land this year.

 

A lot of people are predicting a 10-14 point win, is that a blow out? Indiana is a good basketball team but Kentucky is great. It could be argued that UK played their worst game and IU their best when they played back in December. If there is one thing you know about Indiana, they are a way better playing at home.

 

The Big 12 was right there with the Big 10 and the Cats just routed the 3rd place team in that league. If we see anything close to that team, that Cats will win comfortably. It is going to take a bad shooting night by UK and some foul trouble for the Hoosiers to pull the upset.

A lot of people are predicting a 10-14 point win, is that a blow out? Indiana is a good basketball team but Kentucky is great. It could be argued that UK played their worst game and IU their best when they played back in December. If there is one thing you know about Indiana, they are a way better playing at home.

 

The Big 12 was right there with the Big 10 and the Cats just routed the 3rd place team in that league. If we see anything close to that team, that Cats will win comfortably. It is going to take a bad shooting night by UK and some foul trouble for the Hoosiers to pull the upset.

 

 

Yes, I believe 10-14 point victory at this stage is a blow out. There is no doubt that Kentucky is the favorite, but I just have to remind myself of what happened two years ago against WVU. WVU came out hot as can be from 3 point land, while Kentucky couldn't buy a 3 point basket. WVU didn't have the better team, but they were better when it counted. I hope you guys are right, but I'm certainly not buying this will be anywhere close to a blow out. It will go down to the wire IMO.

Yes, I believe 10-14 point victory at this stage is a blow out. There is no doubt that Kentucky is the favorite, but I just have to remind myself of what happened two years ago against WVU. WVU came out hot as can be from 3 point land, while Kentucky couldn't buy a 3 point basket. WVU didn't have the better team, but they were better when it counted. I hope you guys are right, but I'm certainly not buying this will be anywhere close to a blow out. It will go down to the wire IMO.

 

This Kentucky team shoots way better from 3 point line than that team and also defends better. The size and length of this team is going to give IU fits this time around. I hope I'm right too, history shows that is not always the case :bunny:

This Kentucky team shoots way better from 3 point line than that team and also defends better. The size and length of this team is going to give IU fits this time around. I hope I'm right too, history shows that is not always the case :bunny:

 

 

Yes they do, but what about that 6-28 performance in the SEC Championship game?

So you just automatically assume that Jones is going to play well? Kidd-Gilchrist had a huge game in the first meeting. His offense game has really struggled of late. You're assuming Davis won't get in early foul trouble again. Zeller has come a long way since the first meeting. I think there are just too many things to factor in to say that just because Kentucky only lost on a last second shot, and Jones had a terrible game to assume that Kentucky will blow Indiana out this time.

 

And you're assuming the exact opposite of all those things....You're assuming Indiana is red-hot from three again. You're assuming Davis is in early foul trouble again, you're assuming MKG doesn't have a good game, assuming Jones doesn't continue his recent play, etc.

 

If you factor in that pretty much everything broke right for IU in their first meeting and the Cats still had the game won had they knocked down FTs, I think it's a pretty reasonable assumption that the Cats should win, and do so rather easily.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.